Complaint Review: Arizona reproductive medicine specialists

• Updated: Fri, December 21, 2012

• Reported By: Liz P — Maricopa Arizona United States of America
Arizona reproductive medicine specialists
1701 e Thomas rd #101 Internet United States of America

Arizona reproductive medicine specialists Glad you still have my money , Internet

*Author of original report: Thanks but......

*UPDATE Employee: Response, From ARMS

My husband and I started seeing the doctors here in march. We went through iui's then on to ivf. The front desk always messed up our out of pocket but I always paid because I didn't want to prolong treatment. We have overpaid a little over $500 and have not been refunded after our request for the funds.

The middle of October I dropped off a letter requesting a refund along with all my insurance claims and an excel sheet matching up appointment dates, copays, my responsibility per insurance, and the overage or shortage. The end result was me paying a surplus of around $541. I requested the funds to be refunded by the end of November (approx 45 days) or that I would file a BBB complaint.

Well, 45 days came and went and I've heard/seen nothing. So a BBB complaint has been filed and even THEY are saying ARMS has not responded. Really? As if dealing with infertility is not rough enough, lets mix in not getting your own money back. And I realize my $500 refund is nothing compared to some money others have paid, but it doesn't sting any less to hear nothing and get nothing.

I won't really comment on the doctors or nurses other than saying I have nothing great to say or kudos to give. I am just interested in getting MY money back. Seems like they have a few poor reviews as far as billing goes- along with 5 BBB complaints on billing (not including mine). So beware and don't expect your money back. I just don't know what happens next- small claims court? Maybe if the people in billing treated everyone how THEY would want treated if they over paid something- this business would have no complaints.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2012 05:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Arizona-reproductive-medicine-specialists/internet/Arizona-reproductive-medicine-specialists-Glad-you-still-have-my-money-Internet-984619. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Arizona reproductive medicine specialists

Thanks but......

AUTHOR: Liz - (USA)

I don't have any issues with my treatment. Just billing. My complaint was nothing related to a doctor, or service, or wait time, pregnant or not. I know the goal is to get your patients the families they want! so people complaining about it not working need to realize infertility treatments aren't guaranteed, BUT, billing, customer service, reasonable response times, accurate figures- those are things that people have control over. This site is for venting rip offs, which not getting a refund falls into that category in my eyes. :). I'd rather you respond to my BBB complaint than this site's complaint. BBB has said they've reached out to you guys twice in the almost 3 weeks since my complaint was filed with no return contact. I guess just the fact it's been 8 weeks since I requested the excess funds be returned has worn down my patience. Funny, I had a 3d ultrasound done at another place the same day I dropped my letter to ARMS off and was charged $30 extra at that appointment. A simple fax requesting the money and my insurance claim verifying I was owed $30 and BAM! $30 check in my hands less than 10 days after the request. Guess I was expecting the same respect regarding timeliness in getting my money back that your company would want if I actually owed you.

Looking forward to some resolution.

Response, From ARMS

AUTHOR: Arizona Reproductive Medicine Speci - (USA)

The physicians and staff of Arizona Reproductive Medicine Specialists are committed to helping our patients achieve their dream of having a family.

We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced in resolving your billing concerns.   As our policy is to not discuss our patient's treatment in a public forum, I ask that you please call me directly to address the issues.

Thank you very much and I look forward to hearing from you.

Alesia Jacobs,