• Report: #119883

• Submitted: Fri, November 26, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, November 26, 2004

• Reported By:Center Texas
Ark-La-Tex Water Treatment
1243 Market St. Longview, Texas U.S.A.

Ark-La-Tex - Water Treatment Affiliates Of RainSoft RainSoft Water System is a ripoff Longview Texas

I was lied to, manipulated, and misinformed about this product that I purchased for $6,490.00.

I was sent a survey card, then called to receive a free water test and I was to receive a $500 internet gift certificate. After she finished her test, she "showed", told, or convinced me how bad and harmful my water was.

After being told the price, I let her know that I could not afford this system and she convinced me that I could, that it would not only pay for itself, but save me money, oh how it was so wonderful. But it did nothing she claimed, it did not remove hard water stains, they showed up quicker, I could not use less soap or my clothes and dishes would not be clean, if I would hang dry something it would turn stale and have a bad odor, nothing was true. A technician came out twice and could never find anything wrong, maybe it was just the system itself!! This technician told me to use a chlorine tablet in my toilet, because there was nothing in my water to kill the bacteria that was growing, that must have been the odor in my clothes and I also had an odor in my sink. I had green material building up in my bathtub drain that has to be cleaned every couple of days. That horrific system is now turned off.

I have a revolving account and I have noticed that if I pay the minimum amount then the next months balance is more then the months before. I contacted a lawyer and he told me that I would be lucky to pay it off in 10 years, the sales rep. told me 6 years, and that I would be putting about $15,000 into it. I am sure there is so much more that I could say, but I am also sure that was plenty.

Center, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2004 01:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ark-La-Tex-Water-Treatment/Longview-Texas-75604/Ark-La-Tex-Water-Treatment-Affiliates-Of-RainSoft-RainSoft-Water-System-is-a-ripoff-Long-119883. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ark-La-Tex Water Treatment