Complaint Review: Arkansas Western Gas Company

• Submitted: Wed, April 29, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, May 13, 2009

• Reported By:Rogers Arkansas
Arkansas Western Gas Company
P.O. Box 22152 Tulsa, Oklahoma U.S.A.

Arkansas Western Gas Company as, billing,rip-off stealing, fraud, thief, liar,Tulsa Oklahoma

*Consumer Comment: okl..

*Consumer Comment: most utilities are like this.

Just received my gas bill for the month of April. Since I shut my gas off,when the weather is warm, and have no use of gas except to warm the house. I used no gas what so ever. But, still get a monthly bill of $10.05 not to mention a threat of additional $.94 will be added if this bill of no gas usuage is not paid by due date of May 15th,2009. Here I am doing my best as a retired person to save, and here comes the ripoff of charging you for not using any gas each month. I called and said what if I have it completly shut off and turned back on come fall. That would then be a charge of Three hundred dollars. So, when my meter is read and it states last reading was 5427 and this months reading is still 5427, I will continued being billed $10.05 plus late fee's each and every month. Yes, I am told. Don'tlike it, call the main office in Little Rock on the back of your bill. What the heck has come to this country of billing for nothing! Not to mention if you want to pay by phone of choiicepay as they call it. Your charged another $3.95 for nothing! Don't try tosave as the gas companies will get you even if you don't use the gas.

John
Rogers, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2009 04:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Arkansas-Western-Gas-Company/Tulsa-Oklahoma-74121/Arkansas-Western-Gas-Company-as-billingrip-off-stealing-fraud-thief-liarTulsa-Oklaho-447363. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Arkansas Western Gas Company

okl..

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

As a past utility programmer (AEP/PSO)...
There are several factors here.

There is a shutoff process...simply shutting it off (especially if not done by the company) is not enough.

Also, choicepay while its a way to pay the bill isnt even a need.

you can use billpay (online), EFT via QUICKEN, or even other free ways to do the same thing.

I also worked with billing programmers who were choicepay experts so I know the process.

Btw, I have been eft paying my electric bill weekly for over 15 years with free autodraft billing for 10 which picks up whatever my weekly 1/5 payment doesnt pay.

I use quicken eft to do emergency payments on bills that I pay insufficent amts on weekly.

Btw, while I have bills like everbody else... all of my bills are paid weekly by eft, and that includes monthly,quarterly and even yearly bills.

I am currently unemployed yet its easier to pay bills by small amt weekly than the big bite at the monthly,quarterly cycle.

As far as the restart of the gas (the big bill for turning it back on).

By shutting it off and later turning it on...you are causing major labor costs and equipment changes that might be needed because state law often requires the equipment to be replaced once its shutoff before it can be turned back on.

If you are a senior citizen you likley didnt mention it, since most utilities will have programs to help seniors on the issues relating to gas/eletric and even water.

While I dont like what happened to you... part of the stuff here is your error not the gas companys.

The fact is, only if the company shuts off the gas or electricity will the bill stop... the mistake is mostly yours and you are reaping the cost per not 'truely' shutting it off.

Shutting it off is only by company, not by individual, ever.

Even zero by the consumer has costs since you are legally renting the equipment getting the gas to you...

most utilities are like this.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (U.S.A.)

In addition to the actual charge for the product (gas, water, electricity...) you are also charged a monthly fee that covers the delivery system. I don't have gas, but my electricity and water services are just like that. Even if I use zero electricity, I'll still be billed around $15/mo. which covers the electrical grid that delivers the power. If I use no water, my water bill would still be about $12/mo. to pay for the water system.

You're paying for the convenience of having the gas available when you want it. If you're never going to use gas, you can have it completely shut off and the bill goes away. If you want the option of having gas available whenever you need it, you've got to pay the fee. This is pretty much standard.