Complaint Review: Arm Alarm

• Updated: Fri, August 22, 2014

• Reported By: Bill — Dumfries Virginia
Arm Alarm
151 Quarrystone Circle #112 Nationwide USA

Arm Alarm Deceptive and agressive sales practices and ran credit report without authorization Cary North Carolina,Virginia

Deceptive and aggressive sales presentation. Mitch knocked on my door. Said I almost missed your sign.(ADT window cling} Said that Honeywell was offering “free upgrades, won’t cost you a cent”. Came in and did an inventory my security devices. Said “oh a lot of you neighbors have the same system. All the time he was writing a contract. He said things that made me suspicious and eventually presented me the contract to sign. I asked him why I needed to sign a contract if I already had an account with ADT?

It was only then he said he wasn’t with ADT, but with Arm Alarm. I told him at that time our business was done. He wouldn’t take that as an answer and continued to insist he had my best interests in mind,…… After about five minutes I had to firmly tell him to leave.

The same day I called the office number above and spoke to someone familiar with Mitch. I told him about the deceptive practices that happened above.  He said that “ if Mitch didn’t say he was with ADT there was nothing deceptive.

The next day I received a credit alert. Arm Alarm had run my credit without my permission. I spoke with Mike Stewart of Arm Alarm. He did contract the credit reporting agency and the hard pull of my credit was removed.

Beware

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2014 08:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Arm-Alarm/nationwide/Arm-Alarm-Deceptive-and-agressive-sales-practices-and-ran-credit-report-without-authoriza-1171577. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Arm Alarm