• Report: #1120394

• Updated: Wed, July 09, 2014

• Reported By: Michael — Weehawken New Jersey
Armchem International Corp
3563 NW 53RD Court Fort Lauderdale, Florida USA

Armchem International Corp Refused to honor promise to pay wages for days worked Fort Lauderdale Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: same issue from another victim

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: questionable activity

I was  hired by Armchem to represent them as a sales person covering LI NY and NJ.I signed a contract for $400.00 par week salary, plus commission.I met the sales manager John Catalano in Ronkonkoma,NY on January 7.2014 for training which entailed driving him around to accounts in the area that had previously done business with Armchem because he was from Florida and relied on me because he was unfamiliar with the locations of these accounts.After traveling with me for two days,January 7 and January 8.Mr Catalano informed me that he did not think I was "right "for the job.We mutually agreed that I would be payed for the two days I also spoke with human resources and told them that I was promised the two days pay and was told that the rrequest would be sent to management.As of this date,Feb 3,2014,I have not been payed.Sincerely,Michael -Weehawke,NJ,07086

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2014 07:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Armchem-International-Corp/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33309/Armchem-International-Corp-Refused-to-honor-promise-to-pay-wages-for-days-worked-Fort-Lau-1120394. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Armchem International Corp

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

same issue from another victim

AUTHOR: nowhere man - ()

It still amazes me to read the constant rebuttals from the Armchem management about the complaints written on this ripoff site.

To all who read these complaints,I can attest they are as true as they are written.Whether the management wishes to paint the picture that those of us who have been "ripped off" are disgruntled,or do not read our contracts,or are poor sales persons,it is a cover up for their long time practice of with-holding due income to anyone they deem not worthy.

I am not sure how they can still bypass the law of paying for work done.It is a way they manipulate the system of calling their sales people "independent contractors" to avoid certian rules.

There are many of us who have experienced their refusal to pay for hours worked once we departed from the company.

The only saving grace for many of us is that we were able to release ourselves from a company who practices unethical and dishonest behavior to the ones they choose.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

questionable activity

AUTHOR: Armchem - ()

The author of the complaint worked for 2 days with company.  This person signed a contract.  The person didn't read the contract because the complaint that is given is in the contract.  About the period to get final pay.  The contract states it takes 90 days to get final pay.  Whether the person likes or not isn't the question.  The person signed the contract and is complaining about the the contract he signed.  Not really fair.  The person mislead our manager who flew from Florida to New York to train said person.  Alot of expense and time was spent in doing so.  The said person with complaint delayed starting with us on 2 seperate occasions.  The said person showed up with jeans and not proper attire.

After two days and two delays the company spent thousands and the said person didn't read the contract.