Complaint Review: Arnel Management - Pheasant Ridge Apts.

• Submitted: Tue, June 02, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, June 02, 2009

• Reported By:Rowland Heights California
Arnel Management - Pheasant Ridge Apts.
17800 E. Colima Rd. Rowland Heights, California U.S.A.

Arnel Management - Pheasant Ridge Apts ripping off my deposit Rowland Heights California

I have a lease at Pheasant Ridge apartment in Rowland Heights and the management is Arnel Management, and my lease will end this month on the 13th. I paid the last 2 months of rent in advance. The day I went to pay the rent my car was towed by management in front of the office where I was walking in to pay my rent. The manager was there and allowed them to take it knowing I was coming in to pay the rent of $3,000.00 for the 2 months. I deducted $290.00 from the rent because that's how much it was to get it from the tow yard and that was all I had.

I gave the manager Jason the rent in a cashiers check from my bank for (rent of april and may paid in full) and I showed it to him and he accepted it knowing that I deducted the $290.00 for the tow. Now they are telling me that I owe 1400.00 because of the 290.00 I deducted at 50.00 per day and any late fees.

They cashed the cashiers check so I would think that would be the end of them trying to charge me late fees. I now owe 656.00 prorated until the 13th of this month. They want me to pay 1400.00 plus 656.00. the rent is 1500.00 a month and the cashiers check was for $2,740.00.
I paid $1500.00 security deposit and I believe that is why they are saying I owe 1400.00 because they do not want to give me the deposit once the place is inspected and is in the same condition as when I moved in 1 year ago accept for the normal wear and tear.

Were thinking about moving out now but we are not sure what to do?

Rowland Heights, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2009 02:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Arnel-Management-Pheasant-Ridge-Apts/Rowland-Heights-California-91748/Arnel-Management-Pheasant-Ridge-Apts-ripping-off-my-deposit-Rowland-Heights-California-457803. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Arnel Management - Pheasant Ridge Apts.