Complaint Review: Arpin Van Lines

• Updated: Mon, June 25, 2012

• Reported By: Patricia H. — San Jose California United States of America
Arpin Van Lines
West Warwick, Rhode Island United States of America

Arpin Van Lines Arpin Group Moving company did not deliver household within promised time and can't guarantee an ETA West Warwick, Rhode Island

*Consumer Comment: File a Complaint at protectyourmove.gov

I contracted Arpin Van Lines to do my coast to coast household move from Hartford, CT to San Jose, CA.

My household was packed up on June 6 and picked up on June 7.  I was told verbally and in writing that my household would arrive no later than two weeks - June 21/June 22.

It is June 21 today and my shipment has not yet arrived.  In talking to Arpin Van Lines a few days ago, they noted that they can't find a driver and that my household is still sitting in a warehouse in CT.  Furthermore, I've been told that there is nothing more they can do at this time (as they can't find a driver).  To quote an email response "it appears that they currently have assigned to load 6/28".  Howver, Arpin Van Lines further noted that they can't guarantee a pick-up date for my household from the warehouse or when my household will be delivered.  I tried to escalate the delay and inability to find a driver, but was told there is no one to escalate to.  I reached out to the President Dave Arpin of Arpin Van Lines as well as several Arpin Van Lines VPs over LinkedIn without a response.

I was told that Arpin Van Lines would cover up to $150 a day for hotel and food combined.  You can't find a decent hotel in Silicon Valley for under $100.  My husband asked that they reduce the shipping costs or deduct the $150 from the shipping costs.  They can't do so.  To quote they are "unable to approve supermarket shopping, or pro-rated rents or mortgages." We can't stay in a hotel because it's too expensive.  We've been paying for an apartment since the beginning of June, but can't live in it.

I caution anyone doing business with Arpin Van Lines.  The fact that no one claims accountability and the customer is told "there's nothing we can do" is simply unacceptable.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2012 12:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Arpin-Van-Lines/West-Warwick-Rhode-Island-02893/Arpin-Van-Lines-Arpin-Group-Moving-company-did-not-deliver-household-within-promised-time-900934. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Arpin Van Lines

File a Complaint at protectyourmove.gov

AUTHOR: movinghelper - (United States of America)

File a complaint at http://www.protectyourmove.gov

against the carrier Arpin Van Lines and the agent that booked your move