retired

• Reported By: Gary — Poland Maine
Arron's
Main Street oxford Oxford , Maine USA

Arron's Arron's harrasment Oxford Maine

*Consumer Comment: Yes we get the gist of it...

*Author of original report: Spelling

I got a couch from Arron's almost 2 years ago I have paid over 1800 hundred dollars for it so far and don't have many payments left. I recently have not been working much do to a lot of rain and I am a logger so I can't work if it is muddy which caused me to fall behind on some of my bills including my bill with Arron's. Well I was a month behind and I spoke with Adoring and told them I would pay them when I could but it might take me a little while they didn't really like it but that's what is has to b because I am sertainly not Gana give the couch back and b out 1800 buck and not have a couch for my family. Throughout the month I was behind I received over 100 phone calls from them and they would show up at my house 2 or 3 times a day and leave 2 or 3 notes on my porch. I had every intention to pay off my past due bill when I could but after numerous  rude messages and conversation w an employee I was disgusted and did not even want to deal with them. Well the other morning my kids and my 16 year old babysitter was here at my house watching my 2 year old and my 4 year old kids when someone from Arron's started pounding on my door very loud and screaming my name and then walking around the house and banging on my back door 4 feet from where my children were naping and watching cartoons he banged so and yelled so loud idiot woke the kids up dans they were scared and screaming as was the babysitter. She took them into the bathroom and called my wife and told her some guy was peeking in the windows and banging pans yelling my wife called my naighber to come over when he got here they were pulling out. They were here for 15 plus min. the same day mabe a little whlie after they left my house II got 24 countiuous calls on my cell they would call let it ring hang up than call right back 23 times in a row.later that day when I got home my wtold and babysitter told me what had occurred and I was pissed. It wasn't 5 min after she told me this when I look out the window and see Arron's pulling up my driveway so I meet them outside. The guy got out of his truck smiling and laughing. I then asked him if he was the obese who was pounding on my door and looking in my windows and he said it wasn't him.i told them that whoever it was scared the day lights out of 3 young kids and told them to get off my property and they refused. I told them numerous times and they refused until they got the couch so told them they were not going into my house and to leave and they refused again. They informed me they were calling the cops and I said good u can wait for them a off my property and they would not go. The police got here and made them leave. What r my rights and nowi have 2 kids that run to me whenever someone k mocks on my door.what to do

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2013 08:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Arrons-/Oxford-Maine/Arrons-Arrons-harrasment-Oxford-Maine-1073344. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Arron's

Yes we get the gist of it...

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

And for anyone who doesn't it can be boiled down to one sentence.

You went to a Rent-To-Own place and stopped paying on before you finished your payments.

See simple..so here are some facts for you.  When you got your couch you signed an agreement that stated you would pay them a certain amount of money at a certain time.   You also agreeed that they maintain a "security interest" in the item until it is paid in full.  So just like they can reposess a car..they could "reposess" your couch if you fail to pay it.  Where if you fail to pay and fail to return the item..YOU are the one who in some circumstances could be arrested for theft.

If you truly wanted to be rid of them..instead of not paying you should have just returned the couch.  Yes you would have paid $1800 but again remember..it wasn't your couch yet.  If you were past due, they called you 100 times in a month, left 2-3 notes 2-3 times a day on your house and still haven't paid..how would they know what your "intentions" are.  Remember, they deal with people who have not proven they can handle credit.  Just like you, they think they don't have to abide by the legal contracts they signed, instead paying only when they decide to.  Which is exactly why they(and you) are in this situation in the first place.

Now, of course I don't condone them coming to your house and banging on your windows.  While this is a bit of armchair quarterbacking..what should have been done is for the babysitter, your wife or your neighbor to call the police.  But none of those people did.  Why?

Spelling

AUTHOR: Gary - ()

Sorry some things came up funny on this if some words dnt fit our sound weird I'm sorry my computer was messed up and I dnt know how to fix it but hope u get the gist of it