lumber

• Submitted: Sat, July 17, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, December 05, 2004

• Reported By:naranja Florida
Arrow Financial/ Fnb-marin
5996 W Touhy Ave, Niles, Illinois U.S.A.

Arrrow Financial Services / Fnb-marin ripoff, fraudlant reporting me opening an account in 1996 Niles Illinois

*Consumer Comment: FNMB has been around ripping people off for almost a decade.

*Consumer Comment: FNMB has been around ripping people off for almost a decade.

I recieved a letter on this friday from Arrow financial services.

A credit card company FNB-MARIN has falsely reported me to them as having opened an account in 1996. THe letter was a settlement letter but when i called them to denie the claim. They claim the account was mine and information provided through Providin the account was opened in 1996. The gentleman then changed the story and said that their lawyers had it and to contact them. I never opened this account this has never appeared on my credit report and i find it rather supicous that i applied for a credit card over the internet a few days ago and now fnb marin is saying i owe them.

This company is making false claims against me. I have reported them to all three credit bureau.I also wrote a dispute via email and postal services to the addess on the letter. I am afraid their going to try and put this fraudulant claim on my credit.

Tenecia
naranja, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2004 12:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Arrow-Financial-Fnb-marin/Niles-Illinois-60714/Arrrow-Financial-Services-Fnb-marin-ripoff-fraudlant-reporting-me-opening-an-account-in-99339. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Arrow Financial/ Fnb-marin

FNMB has been around ripping people off for almost a decade.

AUTHOR: Mel - (U.S.A.)

They prey on people who are trying to build their credit, zapping them with fees and whatever else they can hit them with. I had an account with them 8 years ago. When I realized that I could never get ahead with their card, I cancelled it and paid it off,....so I thought. I started incurring fees for late charges, when I complained and asked for them to be removed, they refused. The account hit the over the limit mark and then I started incurring fees for lates and over the limit. This quickly added up to more than $400.00.

I let the account sit for 7 years and it was removed from my credit last year, which was confirmed by Equifax. Now, over a year later, I am getting letters from Arrow trying to collect on the account again. I called them and they claim that I paid FNMB $40.00 last year and that FNMB transferred the account to them at that time, restarting the 7 year clock. I've haven't paid them a dime since I paid the original $250.00 off 8 years ago. I've requested the Credit Bureau to investigate and I've asked Arrow to prove the payment, they refuse.

I've learned my lesson, if you can't buy it with cash or a layaway....stay away from credit cards altogether. I'm expecting that when I die of old age, hopefully 40 or so years from now, my kids will have to settle this account with the state, it just won't die.

FNMB has been around ripping people off for almost a decade.

AUTHOR: Mel - (U.S.A.)