Complaint Review: Arrow Financial Services

• Submitted: Mon, February 23, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, March 29, 2004

• Reported By:Norman Oklahoma
Arrow Financial Services
5996 W. Touhy Av Niles, Illinois U.S.A.

Arrow Financial Services Phone harassment about previously settled account Niles Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: Contact The Bureau of Consumer Protection of the Federal Trade Commission

After reading prior posts about Arrow, I'm convinced that they are nothing but a bunch of crooks.

I had a credit card through Capital One that I settled last October through another agency for $400. My wife and I thought we were all clear - until late January, when we started receiving calls from Arrow Financial (threatening calls, at that!) that we owed $414 on a Capital One account.

I thought we had settled that account - and calls to Capital One within the days after Arrow's initial call (and earlier today) verified that we had indeed settled that account - yet it's Feb. 23, and they are still calling. I called Arrow today myself. I was told that I need to send them the closing letters from Capital One, but I'm HIGHLY hesitant to send them anything.

Why should I? They shouldn't have even known about the account in the first place. It was closed in October.

The woman I talked to today said that if I didn't send them the information, they would keep calling - even quoting an FTC rule in saying that they can call once a day until the issue is settled.

Arrow called Saturday morning at 9am, I answered the phone, same old spiel, "is this a refusal to pay?"; I tell them that the account has been settled, they want proof. I won't send them proof, they may be a fraud. She then hangs up on me.

I felt like I had been b****ed out by my mom. All the while knowing that we've paid everything off and THEY are wasting their efforts in calling us.

I'm going to start calling THEM once a day. Hey, at least it's permissible under FTC rules, right?

Matt
Norman, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2004 01:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Arrow-Financial-Services/Niles-Illinois-60714/Arrow-Financial-Services-Phone-harassment-about-previously-settled-account-Niles-Illinois-81485. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Arrow Financial Services

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Contact The Bureau of Consumer Protection of the Federal Trade Commission

AUTHOR: Pat - (U.S.A.)

Hey Matt Norman from Oklahoma

Yes, they can call you, until you tell them not to contact you anymore. But you must tell them both by phone and by letter (not e-mail). If they continue report them to the Better Business Bureau. and The Bureau of Consumer Protection of the Federal Trade Commission.

Arrow Financial Services legally can not harassed you anymore once you have instructed them to not contact you anymore.

The Bureau of Consumer Protection of the Federal Trade Commission (202) 326-222 or www.ftc.gov

Best of luck