Complaint Review: Arrow Financial Services

• Submitted: Tue, October 05, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, October 05, 2004

• Reported By:Buffalo New York
Arrow Financial Services
5996 W. Touhy Ave. Niles, Illinois U.S.A.

Arrow Financial Services ripoff, dishonest fraudulent billing involving already paid account balance with Charter One Bank Niles, Illinois

I received a bill from Arrow Financial Services involving a past due balance from Charter One Bank. I have previously paid this bill off in full, and infact, received a small check back from the bank because there was a small overpayment. My ID # from Arrow is ####170 and the account number listed on the harrassing letter is #####414

They are supposedly willing to pay a "settlement" of $750.61 instead of the $1000.81 that they claim I owe. There are two options for payment:
1. Payment in full
2. Weekly, bi weekly or monthly payments

It is signed James Howard, Account representative.

There is another number on this statement, below an address that is:
PO Box 1206
Oaks, PA 19456-1206 and the number is:
2644#25166170#2106#092704

There is also, on the reverse side of the letter, a New York City Department of Consumer Affairs license #0978241

I am NOT paying this firm anything. I have since settled my debt with this bank almost one year ago. I received a statement that said that the balance was $0000.00, and as I said before, there was even a check for some money that was overpaid, that amounted to under $10.00.

I need your help in this matter. I am not independently wealthy, and to pay money for something that I have already paid for, is ludicrous and ridiculous. I will wait to hear from you. Antyhing you can do, would be greatly appreciated.

Diane
Buffalo, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2004 12:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Arrow-Financial-Services/Niles-Illinois-60714/Arrow-Financial-Services-ripoff-dishonest-fraudulent-billing-involving-already-paid-accou-111546. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Arrow Financial Services