• Report: #319481

• Submitted: Wed, March 19, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, October 10, 2008

• Reported By:Allentown Pennsylvania
Arrow Financial
P.O.Box C3800 SouthEastern, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Arrow Financial Bought Credit card debt Providian and now is taking me to court with wrong amount. SouthEastern Pennsylvania

*Consumer Suggestion: Report: #319481 BEING SUED BY ARROW FINANCIAL

*Consumer Comment: check it out

*Author of original report: I showed up to caourt and beat them up wth their lies.

*Consumer Suggestion: ARROW FINANCIAL COLLECTION PRACTICES

*Consumer Suggestion: You are correct

*Author of original report: ARROW FINANCIAL OUTCOME

*Consumer Comment: Arrow Is slime

*Author of original report: Arrow Financial Ripoff and the law is in their favor in Allenton Court

*Consumer Comment: Arrow still hounds you to pay when you have no money

*Consumer Comment: Get the paperwork!

*Consumer Comment: They will tell you this is the reason

I had been surprised to read in a certified letter that Arrow Financial Services is Taking me to court even though I did not receive any letter from them for the wrong amount, like almost 900.00 more dollars without court feesnd I and disputing the case before I go to court with the General Attorney. At the present time I am not working and the only valuable assett I have to move around and try to get me a job is my 1992 car. Also I am secondary to my wife's mortgage of 1410. and what my wife's making is not enough to support us and my two kids.

Is it not ilegal to sue somebody without knowing about his rights. This company with his lawyers are just trying to make money out pennies they paid for this debt, because the economy is bad!

Ralph
Allentown, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2008 06:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Arrow-Financial/SouthEastern-Pennsylvania-19398/Arrow-Financial-Bought-Credit-card-debt-Providian-and-now-is-taking-me-to-court-with-wrong-319481. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Arrow Financial

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Report: #319481 BEING SUED BY ARROW FINANCIAL

AUTHOR: Noemi Benavides - (U.S.A.)

SEND A CERTIFIED LETTER DEMANDING THAT THEY VALIDATE THE DEBT AND THIS DOES NOT MEAN JUST A COPY OF A MADE UP INVOICE!

ASK FOR A COPY OF THE BREAKDOWN OF CHARGES WHICH SHOULD INCLUDE PRINCIAPL, INTEREST, LATES CHARGES AND NOT JUST A LUMP SUM AMOUNT. ARROW FINANCIAL HAS VARIOUS ATTORNEYS DOING THE DIRTY WORK AND THEY ARE UNABLE TO PROVIDE PRROF OF THE DEBT BUT IF YOU DO DEMAND THIS PROOF THEY PLAY ON THAT FACT THAT YOU DO NOT KNOW YOUR RIGHTS. IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONTACT BY THEIR COLLECTORS AND WANT COMMUNICATION TO STOP, SEND THEM A CERTIFIED LETTER TELLING THEM TO STOP ALL COMMUNICATION AND KEEP A COPY. IF THEY VIOLATE YOUR REQUEST YOU CAN FILE A FORMAL COMPLAINT WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF ILLINOIS WHERE THEY HAVE AN OFFICE. BUT DO AN INTERNET CHECK BECAUSE THEY NOW ARE OWNED BY BIGGER MONEY SALLIE MAE. BUT YOUR BEST BIT IS TO RETAIN AN ATTORNEY AND LET THEM HANDLE YOUR RIGHTS.

check it out

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

www.budhibbs.com has very useful info on Arrow financials as well as many other collection agencies.

LEARN YOUR RIGHTS! There are laws in place that collections are required to follow - in most cases people never take the time to learn about these.

They can find complaint boards to complain about Collection Agencies - but will not do a quick search to learn how to deal with them

I showed up to caourt and beat them up wth their lies.

AUTHOR: The Arbitration Enemy and Defeater of Dishonesty - (U.S.A.)

Consumers, never be afraid of collectors. Do not pay and cgo to court 99% they do not show so you win by default.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

ARROW FINANCIAL COLLECTION PRACTICES

AUTHOR: Noemi Benavides - (U.S.A.)

FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL IN YOUR STATE.
FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THEIR COLLECTION LICENSEING IN ILLINOIS

FORCE THEM TO VALIDATE YOU DEBT! SEND A CERTIFIED LETTER REQUESTING A COPY OF THE CHARGES AND ORIGINAL APPLICATION IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS THAT THE DEBT IS REALLY YOURS.

IF THE FILE A SUIT/ GET AN ATTORNET!

#5 Consumer Suggestion

You are correct

AUTHOR: Cat - (U.S.A.)

Do not use credit cards and it is business. Keep all your records and I am not sure why you are not working, but just to say "I do not need a car for 7 years" is just taking no personal responsibility. Get a job, it can be done, for goodness sakes man, fast food, sweeping up has no shame! Show them you are trying and get a job! Stay away from credit, use CASH and if you work out a deal with this company , get it in writing and do not give them account access to your checking account. They will say anything to get you to pay, like you have found out, creditors want to be paid.I have a husband who works two jobs to pay the bills and has for 20 plus years because he does what "it takes " to support his family. Whatever you do, just go to court and show the judge you are trying and in the meantime find any job if you need to, I want you to make it through this because this company is slime and will not give up.

ARROW FINANCIAL OUTCOME

AUTHOR: Molina - (U.S.A.)

LET me tELL EVERYBODY That IN CIVIL COURT and in litIGATion i defeatED These crooks including blatT, hasenmiller, leibsken & moore lawyers when tHEY DID NOT show up at ALL To neitHER These hearing. Sorry about The small and capitAL LETtERS IN This report, MY KEYBOARD IS ACTing up. like I said they lost IN COURT for being liers and now tHEY ARE Truing tO Take me back tO The magistRATe in my distRICT. Can't This tYPE OF BUSINESS BE STOPPED BY THE GOVERMENT.
REMEMBER EVERYBODY IN This countRY, DO NOT accept CREDIT cards at ALL AS There's a clause in small letTers saying about ARBITratION AND IT means you do not HAVE ANY RIGHTs in court SHOULD They come aftER YOU IN A LAWSUIT. WitH THE ECONOMY SO BAD, NO WONDER WHY COLLECTors are aftER PEOPLE MORE Than never.
It's just BUSINESS

Arrow Is slime

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

Be sure to keep all letters from them because they will twist words around, I see arrow financial Is the new nco trying to ruin innocent people.

Also they are suppose to notify buy mail & giving you a chance to dispute the dept. Arrow doesn't do that they place It on your credit file then contact you.

This Is there new trick know all collection do this know we have to expose all there new tricks on this website.

I will do what I can to expose each & every trick they come up with, arrow doesn't care about your financial hardships.

Also beware arrow will check your credit report every view months to add inquiries. Becareful arrow Is more sneaky then nco.

All collections work togather If they can't find one way to get you they use arrow has there go between to place anything on your credit file.

I tell them I don't have the money to pay I don't. Its always something all the time.

The trick Is arrow will claim they can't find your account, but you don't have to take there abuse.

Arrow Financial Ripoff and the law is in their favor in Allenton Court

AUTHOR: Molina - (U.S.A.)

Received a letter from Arrow Financial to settle for 50% or $1,000.00, I called them back and they agreed. Would send documents to pay. All I got was a paper taking me to court for full amount. Went to court , they never showed up. I found out they trying to see If I showed up so that the judge would rule in their favor, but judge ruled in my favor. Also knew they did not show up because they did not have jurisdiction in my district. Almost 28 days late I received a letter for litigation in Allentown main court, for this case.
How come the law let this type of people get away with this? Of course, everything is only a matter of money. Imagine the rest!!!!

Arrow still hounds you to pay when you have no money

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

Arrow still bugs you when you have no money to pay when you become unemployed threw no fault of your own know you have to put up with harassment & there abuse.

You tell them kindly the current situation you are in & why you become unemployed but they will not listen & you are receving unemployment beneifits which is not enough to cover all your bills, accept your major bills like your house & car.

Its sad that have to hound you around christmas time ruthless pigs then arrow sends you a settlement letter knowing you don't have the money but still to bug u then they threaten to report you to the credit bureaus.

Let them go ahead I have everything I need so I will not be asking for any new credit within the next 7 years I already have a home & a vehicle to drive so they are not hurting me @ the moment.

I can always get a new vehicle when the 7 years is up I have a pretty good reliable I will not apply for any new credit cause I know I will get turned down the more creditors check my credit that will also hurt my credit.

But it is sad how these collection people treat us in hardships sometimes its not our fault. All they care about is there chance to hurt you & make you feel bad they love this.

Get the paperwork!

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Arrow has been know to file BS claims in court. If they do file on you, you can go down to the court house and get a copy of the case file before you have to go to court. Even if it looks bad for you, study your civil laws and GO TO COURT! If you don't go to court they will get whatever they want because you defaulted. If it looks bad you might consider trying to settle out of court because a judgment will stay on your credit for 7 years from date of entry. Get the case file and go from there.

They will tell you this is the reason

AUTHOR: Nikki - (U.S.A.)

When you got your Providian card, you agreed to abide by their terms and conditions. Among those are interest, late fees and over the limit fees. The, and the collection agencies will assess those fees every month, forever.

Years ago, I had a different credit card (not Providian). My credit limit was $400 (didn't charge any more than that). They now say I owe $2700+, and the amount goes up every month. They send settlement letters for $1600. Some settlement on $400. Lucky for me, the Statute of Limitations is over.

Make sure you check the Statute of Limitations in your state. You may be able to win your case if it is past that, but you have to go to court and bring it up as a defense.