Complaint Review: Arrow Trucking

• Submitted: Wed, January 30, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, June 28, 2010

• Reported By:san antonio Texas
Arrow Trucking
4230 South Elwood Drive Tulsa, Oklahoma U.S.A.

Arrow Trucking STAY AWAY FROM ARROW TRUCKING!!! Tulsa Oklahoma

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: To Any and All Who are Writing Garbage about Arrow Trucking.

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Arrow A Good Company? Are U smoking Something?

*General Comment: Arrow is one of the good ones???

*Consumer Comment: Ex Arrow Employee

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Grow up, junior.

*Consumer Comment: Another weird complaint.

TO ALL PROFFESIONAL DRIVERS :

Please do yourself a favor and stay away from arrow trucking! you will regret ever working for them . They will short you on your pay , and if you drive 1000 miles they will pay you for 500! You will get a dispatcher with the body of snail and the brain of a social worker! Buy about 20 cans of wd-40 ,
because the truck and trailers and all equpment is pure rust! Everyone employed in the offices at arrow trucking is a incompetent, sinister, inbred ,low life hillbilly! From robert fitzgerald= ceo , to the safety director, I cannot remember his name , but I could tell you ,he was a short deceptive little weasel. And also Steve Savage ,the so-called director of operations.
And I cannot leave out my f****t one finger typing dispatcher benjamin kennedy!, yes he types with one finger! and jerks off with the other, they say. Many truck drivers have witnessed homosexual activity between steve savage ben kennedy and robert fitzgerald. Well I guess it would happen ,because the women that work in the office are so ugly! I can honestly say arrow trucking is the CR england or Swift of the flatbed industry.
ARROW TRUCKING IS A BIG DISGRACE!!!

Robert
san antonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2008 01:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Arrow-Trucking/Tulsa-Oklahoma-74107/Arrow-Trucking-STAY-AWAY-FROM-ARROW-TRUCKING-Tulsa-Oklahoma-304657. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Arrow Trucking

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

To Any and All Who are Writing Garbage about Arrow Trucking.

AUTHOR: Arrow Trucker - (United States of America)

Robert,

I feel that you are not telling the truth when it comes to Arrow Trucking. Granted I do not believe how they handled the closing of the company very well, but do you have the total facts of the matter? For instants what about all of the good the company did before they had to go out of business. I have worked for Arrow Trucking for nine years and if they would not have gone out of buisness I would still be working for that company. I have never had a problem with them paying me what they owed me, if my check was short I would call my dispatcher and it would be delt with right away. I would get what was missing deposited on my comdata card or it would be on my next check it was always up to me how I wanted it taken care of.

I know from first hand that Arrow Trucking did alot of good for their drivers and the community. Before I worked there I was riding on a truck with my brother inlaw and his truck broke down. We were stranded in Tulsa with no money and the trucking company he worked for did not want to fix the truck. ( I will not say what company because that is just common.) My brother inlaw had worked for Arrow a few years back and so he called them up and told them what was going on. Dave Thomas himself came and picked us up in his car and took us to the terminal. They put us up in a motel and paid for our food. They didn't have to do this because I was not working for them but they did. They gave him a job and an advance so he could send money home to pay the bills. As long as he ran his truck they gave him miles and he never had any problems. Three months later I started working there and never had a problem. I learned to know everyone at the different terminals and really enjoyed working for that company. Over the years of working there I have learned that the ones who had problems working there where the ones who didn't like to work.(Lazy is what comes to mind.)

As for the drivers and the community Arrow had a program where the truck drivers (not the main office people) chose what schools they wanted to help. The drivers would chose a class and become a mentor for that class. Arrow would pay to have gardens  or equipment at parks put in where needed at no cost to the community or the drivers. They would teach kids what it was like to be a truck driver and all the places that truck drivers got to do. Arrow was even working to become more enviromentally green by using less feul and more idle air. ( Less carbon output and saves fossill fuels) There was also a program that Arrow set up for the drivers in need where every driver could put a dollar a paycheck in a fund and Arrow would match it for drivers that got injured or had family emergencies. They would give a driver up to $900 that they did not have to pay back. ( It is a little known fact that this is what they used to try to get everyone home with when they closed the doors.)

I do agree that the timing was awfull for the closing of the company, but as for all of the people in the office that you claim were so horrible,they tried really hard to keep the company open and it was the banks that pulled the plug. I got that info from top of the line myself, because unlike most people over the nine years of working there I became friends with those awful people as you put it. Although they did wonderful work I am afraid that all that they will be remembered for is closing and I do believe that is a shame. Don't get me wrong I may have been friends with the high up people but I too did not get my full wages, but I do not hold it against them because they really tried. I know why people put their own money in the gas tanks and trucks the last month of opperations and that is because they all knew what Arrow stood for and that they would do the best that they could for their employees.

As for the rest of your report it is all garbage slanderous lies and no one that ever worked for Arrow Trucking would believe a word of it.

Arrow Trucker

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Arrow A Good Company? Are U smoking Something?

AUTHOR: Junior - (USA)

if arrow was sooooooo good how come they went belly up? i sue to drive for them but got called up to active duty in support of OIF/OEF and had problems with them about getting me home on time for my military functions. also had to fight with my dm about my pay and home time and other things. i am sorry but arrow trucking was a joke and the trucking industry is better off without them . that doug pielsticker was a complete moron and ra nthe company into the ground. i am sure papa p is rolling in his grave pissed off. and they do short change you on your miles and money cuz i got screwed on a 4200 mile run. only got paid for running 3650. so i have the pay stub to prove it and i calculated my miles. my dm was a moron too cuz he never wanted to wrok with me and i was always trying ot meet him half way but it was either his way or no way at all. so yea i worked for arrow and was glad for the driving experience and the flatbed experience but that comapny was a joke!

#3 General Comment

Arrow is one of the good ones???

AUTHOR: whatgoesaroundcomesaround - (United States of America)

If they were soo good, why the hell did it go under??

Explain that!

HUH? HUH? HUUUUUUUUUUH????!!!!!!!!

Ex Arrow Employee

AUTHOR: Brewerinflorida - (U.S.A.)

I worked for Arrow for almost five years and was very happy with the company. Arrow like any large company made mistakes on pay, but every time it was resolved promptly. I was treated with respect and even generosity. My brother passed away while I was there they got me to a terminal and to an airport very swiftly, and were very understanding. As far as short miles every company does it but not to the extent referred to in your article, but I was overall very happy there and probably would never have left if not for them dropping their dry van division. If you want to be taken seriously I would suggest less profanity and name calling and a little more specifity.

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Grow up, junior.

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I worked for Arrow, both in the regional fleet, and when they found out about my heavy haul experience, I switched to the Heavy Haul fleet. I was never lied to. My paychecks were always spot on. I always got paid for detention, when it was warranted. I got paid for sitting if it was over a weekend and my truck was in the shop, and they ALWAYS paid for my motel. In short, they were/are one of the best companies that I have ever been associated with.

I'm no longer on the road (14 years was enough for me), but, if I were to ever get back in a truck, Arrow is the only company I would want to go back to. Of course, in 14 years, I only had 3 driving jobs, something that alot of today's drivers can't even begin to fathom, let alone say.

Too many whiny drivers like to think that they're a beautiful and unique snowflake and that they deserve some sort of special treatment. And when they get their panties in a twist, they come running to the internet to post their semi-coherent ramblings screeching about how they've been wronged.

Simple fact, folks. As far as trucking companies go, Arrow is one of the good ones.

Another weird complaint.

AUTHOR: Anthony - (U.S.A.)

Hhhmmm....

Just as your complaint in regard to another company was filled with attacks on specific people, this one is only slightly better.

You offer that they will only pay you 500 miles on a 1,000 mile load.

Sorry, but I don't believe it. Short miles are a valid complaint, but a 50% difference? It isn't happening.

Grow up driver, improve your attitude, and maybe one day you can find a company that meets your standards, whatever they may be.