- Report: #1016255
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Arrowhead Honda
Arrowhead Honda8380 W Bell Rd Peoria, Arizona United States of America
Arrowhead Honda Sa;es & Service Ethics Peoria, Arizona
1. Arrpwhead Honda sold me an extended warranty wil LandCar, saying that it extended my warranty to 80,000 miles and that it covered things that the Honda warranty didn't cover. I later found out that this warranty overlapped the Honda warranty. After my Honda warranty ran out, I tried two times to use it for repairs; for a 'bad' timing belt, and a disabled air bag (warning light showhing) and it was denied bth times.
2. I went to the dealership to have my 5000 mile service, as I had done since i bought the car, and the Service Rep told me that my 'timing belt was bad' as well as another problem They only had my car for oil and filter change which took about 30 minutes. They did not have time to tear dpwm the front of the engine to inspect the belt. Furthermore the mileage on m y car was around 58000 and I know that dealers here recommend changing the timing belt at 60000. in spite of the fact that Honda has no such recommendation. Changing the belt on my extended warranty was denied. There is a huge difference between saying the belt is bad and recommending a change.
3. The battery in my car failed and we had to repleace. A task than almost anybody can complete. In the process, the air bag system failed, or at least the light was on along with the 'needs service' light. I took the car to Arrowhead and was told that they could not reset t he system and that they'd need to troubleshoot the system which would cost a little over $100. In light of problem 2 above, I decided to take it to another repairman who used his auto-computer to reset the air-bag system, with NO problem, and charged me nothing at all. There is no way that I'll put this down to incompetence. It is a bltant case of revenue enhancement by selling stuff the customer doesn't need.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2013 01:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Arrowhead-Honda/Peoria-Arizona-85382/Arrowhead-Honda-Saes-Service-Ethics-Peoria-Arizona-1016255. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.