Complaint Review: Art Institute of Pittsburgh - Online Division

• Submitted: Sat, February 16, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, March 31, 2014

• Reported By: StopScammersNow — Orlando Florida United States of America
Art Institute of Pittsburgh - Online Division

Art Institute of Pittsburgh - Online Division Art Institute Online, AIO, AIOnline Their recruiter roped me in back in 2005 saying that i'd receive job placement, and it NEVER happened. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Tuition Raised Me Out of Degree

You do with this information what you will, but if I wasn't told about job placement, I would have never applied to the school.

The experience for the most part was me buying the books, doing things myself based on a dated curriculum, and posting things to the classroom (aka the online forum-style classroom).

I could have taught myself without going into debt. AIO is one of EDMC's schools, and if you aren't familiar with the company, they are in hot water based on recruiting practices.

They rope in students from low income families and once we enroll, that ensures their federal funding regardless of whether we graduate or not. How much have they made thus far in federal funds? Over $11,000,000,000 (yes that's 11 billion) and where do federal funds come from? I'll let you answer that for yourself.

The numbers game has roped many students into a school that gave absolute piss about students, even one of their career advisers testified against them.

I graduated in 2010 with honors and I was given a website: www.indeed.com and help with my resume, that's it. I'm in debt after enrolling in AIO... based on a LIE. Its screwed up and I've contacted my state senator because something needs to happen, or everyone has the right to lie and scam without consequences.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2013 09:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Art-Institute-of-Pittsburgh-Online-Division/internet/Art-Institute-of-Pittsburgh-Online-Division-Art-Institute-Online-AIO-AIOnline-Their-re-1015569. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Art Institute of Pittsburgh - Online Division

Tuition Raised Me Out of Degree

AUTHOR: Speedraycer - ()

I am a current AIO student and would like to add to the last report. I have had similar dealings with counselors and financial advisors. I am disabled and was trying to get my BS in Photography. After 3 years and 113 credit hours towards my degree, I was forced to switch to a lesser Associate degree of 91 credit hours.  I was told that due to government changes, I no longer had enough loans or grant money to finish my BS degree. But due to being put in 3rd and 4th year courses over 2nd year course, I still needed 7 courses just to get my Associate degree. I will have 119 credit hours by the time I finish the Associate Degree. I already have 113, 22 credits hours more than the 91 need  , but not enough for the 180 for my BS.

No one would explain why the money had run out or was not efficent. I finally discovered the reason was due to an almost 50percent increase. A BS will now cost you 90 plus thousand dollars online.

Now I have 3 classes left, was told for some reason I only had enough money for two and I had to take them at the same. So thats 2 classes, 5 days a week, 4 books to read and 2 shooting assignments a week for a disabled person. I feel like I have wasted 3 plus years and could have learned most online on Youtube.

I am very depressed that now I will have 40 plus thousand debt and no degree to show for it, as this schedule is too much for me to keep up with. Their advice ... take the classes and if you fail you can always take them again.. Yes for more money.

I have done my best to not sit on Disability. I got it long before OBAMA and the millions who have it now. I wanted to work and be a member of paying society. I guess I accomplished that. I ll be paying forever.

Go to AIO , but cross your fingers and hide your wallet.