Complaint Review: Art Kassel Detective Training Institute

• Updated: Wed, June 01, 2011

• Reported By: Nicky — atlanat Georgia United States of America
Art Kassel Detective Training Institute
Internet, California United States of America

Art Kassel Detective Training Institute DTI Ripoff, fraud, False promises Internet, California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Sorry you are out of all that money ($1006.00) and no one will hire you. Let's review the new promises.

*Consumer Comment: Art Kassel and DTI are reputable

HI, I happy to have come across this website. I am a victim also of this school. I graduated in 2006, so at the time as you can see there were only 1 comment for them. I paid my money all at the same time. He told me that he had a private investigation company and that we were promised a job if we got the correct training. Little did I know, this was a rip off. I had been using this school as education on my resumes with no luck in getting jobs using this training.

I do not want to go on and on about this experience, but if anyone else is a victim, could you please contact me? My e- mail address is kapuraamos ( at) gmail ( dot) com

You can find me on facebook also under my name ( nicky Amos) Feel free to add me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2011 12:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Art-Kassel-Detective-Training-Institute/Internet-California-/Art-Kassel-Detective-Training-Institute-DTI-Ripoff-fraud-False-promises-Internet-Calif-725885. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Art Kassel Detective Training Institute

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Art Kassel - (United States of America)

Sorry that you are out all of that money ($1006.00) and no one will hire you.  But promises change from time to time, don't they?

Here is what was promised before:

"DTI graduates are in strong demand by detective agencies throughout the U.S."

Here is what is promised now:

"DTI does have an excellent reputation in the industry"

Notice the difference?  "in strong demand" versus "excellent reputation" ?

Is is what else was promised before:

"Detective agency owners prefer to hire our graduates because they are highly trained in all major skill areas of private investigation."

Here is what is promised now:

"Investigation firms prefer to hire our graduates because they come highly trained in many areas of private investigation,"

Notice the difference between "all" and "many"?  Some less expensive schools teach you how to actually get hired and have proven results.  Or they offer a complete refund.

Added recently is the following promise (to keep you busy in the books and always studying):

"Be sure to complete as many Detective Field Exercises in your course as possible."

And remember to tell employers how much you paid for the manual, which is as much as $1006.00 if you add the 49.00 shipping and fee of $957.00

This "will increase your marketability to employers."  I am sure you can get hired by showing them how much you paid and your certificate and how well you scored on the open book test portions.

Remember to tell them that you took the initiative to pay and that you are entitled to get hired because of what you were promised

Art Kassel and DTI are reputable

AUTHOR: Steve - (United States of America)

I enrolled in Art Kassel's Detective Training Institute (DTI) and graduated in 2010 and found that the training program was not only excellent but well designed and gave me the skills needed to get my current job in the investigative profession. I spoke directly with Mr. Kassel on numerous occasions and he never mentioned or implied any guarantee of job placement upon graduation, nor does his website. There are many factors that employers use to determine the suitability of job candidates and just because you haven't found a job in the PI industry doesn't mean that DTI's training was substandard or lacking. No ethical training school can guarantee jobs upon graduation. Its sounds like you have a case of "sour grapes," and are mad at the world, Nicky. I stand behind DTI.