Complaint Review: Art Van Ann Arbor

• Reported By: Highly dissatisfied customer — Ann Arbor Michigan USA
Art Van Ann Arbor
425 E. Eisenhower Pkwy Ann Arbor, Michigan United States of America

Art Van Ann Arbor Furniture Warranties Are worthless Ann Arbor, Michigan

I have purchased Art Van furniture for over 20 years, all of my furniture has warranties.  In all of these years I have never needed to call on service for my furniture until now.  My leather couch is cracking and peeling on the center cushion, the rest of the couch is fine.  The loser who came to take pictures said it was probably my (declawed) cat who did it.  When they realized a declawed cat can't cause a couch/sofa to crack and peel they said that I waited too long.  I have years left on my warranty and no where in the warranty does it say you have to report it within a certain time period.  I had a lawyer look the warranty and she said that I was right and there is no time period indicated.  They then tried to say that I neglected the safa, even though the rest of the sofa, is in perfect shape as is all of my other leather furniture because I use the Art Van products regularly.  Finally they just said nope, can't cover it.  They too thought it was funny.  I guess it is pretty funny that so many people spend hundreds of dollars on these warranties thinking it is a great deal and all they area purchasing is some leather or glass or wood cleaner but no warranty at all.  It is a $99 or $129 piece of paper that is letting Mr. Art Van Eslander fatten his wallet with.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/24/2009 06:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Art-Van-Ann-Arbor/Ann-Arbor-Michigan-48108/Art-Van-Ann-Arbor-Furniture-Warranties-Are-worthless-Ann-Arbor-Michigan-514221. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Art Van Ann Arbor