Complaint Review: Art Van Furniture HSBC Retail Services Credit Card

• Submitted: Wed, January 30, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, January 30, 2008

• Reported By:Macomb Michigan
Art Van Furniture HSBC Retail Services Credit Card
HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Wilmington, Delaware New York, New York U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

HSBC Retail Services Credit Card Ignoring their own policies at their own convenience to get more of your money New York New York

I made 2 separate purchases at my local Artvan Furniture in Michigan. One purchase took place in the Fall of 2005 (18 months, same as cash). The other in the Summer of 2007 (18 Months, no interest/no Payments). The First plan required monthly payments and had an earlier expiration date.

Since I have learned to pay close attention to HSBC's bills (their sneeky), I noticed that my payments were being distributed to all of my purchases in an even percentage. The problem is, their own policy, clearly stated on the monthly statement, is to pay the oldest debt first.

I called to correct this problem. The polite person on the other side could change where the money went, but they could not change how my money was distributed in the future. They made it quite clear that I had to call them every Month to repeat the procedure I had just completed until my old debt was errased.

So, for about 5 months a made monthly calls to ensure that my payment was distributed to my older purchase until it was payed off. If I had not, I would have defaulted on my agreement to pay it off in 18 months and, subsequently, would have had to pay all the accrued interest.

Baware of HSBC and pay close attention to your statements.

Erky
Macomb, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2008 12:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Art-Van-Furniture-HSBC-Retail-Services-Credit-Card/New-York-New-York/HSBC-Retail-Services-Credit-Card-Ignoring-their-own-policies-at-their-own-convenience-to-g-304619. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Art Van Furniture HSBC Retail Services Credit Card