Complaint Review: Art Van Furniture Warren

• Updated: Wed, March 12, 2014

• Reported By: ZiadShihadeh — Brownstown Michigan
Art Van Furniture Warren
Warren, Michigan USA

Art Van Furniture Warren RIPOFF DO NOT BUY WARRANTY THEY WILL NOT HONOR IT Warren Michigan

Bought a recliner set about a year ago from Art Van in Taylor MI and purchased a 5yr warranty on the frame and mechanism. The recliner mechanism began to be less effective after about 8 months and I called for warranty service. The technician they employ said that it was in fact defective but that i didnt make them aware of it in time. I explained that i have a 5 year warranty and he said that didnt matter. A person from the main office called me to inform me that the damage is a result of something I had done to the couch, misuse and therefore not covered. I disagreed with her and the technician assesment. There is a clear conflict of interest when Art Van is sending out their employees who are afraid to side with the customer for fear of losing their jobs.

I told the lady at the Warren office that I disagreed with the assesment and she offered to send another tech. After this visit Art Van said they would be willing to help me out so to speak. They would pay for the parts but not the labor associated with the repair. Since I have warranty I did not agree with this and I took this as an admission of responsibilty on their behalf. I insisted that the labor and parts be covered as was the agreement in the warranty and its representations made by the salesman. This phone call ended with them recinding on paying for the parts when I threatened legal action in small claims. The lady said we will see you in court then and hung up on me.

Its very disapointing spending the extra money on a warranty and then being given the run around when you need to use the very thing you paid extra for. Art Van will no longer get my business and I tell everyone I know of their deceptive business practices and criminal behavior.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2014 08:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Art-Van-Furniture-Warren/Warren-Michigan/Art-Van-Furniture-Warren-RIPOFF-DO-NOT-BUY-WARRANTY-THEY-WILL-NOT-HONOR-IT-Warren-Michiga-1130120. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Art Van Furniture Warren