Complaint Review: Art Van Furniture

• Submitted: Fri, May 16, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, May 16, 2008

• Reported By:troy Michigan
Art Van Furniture
Greenfield Road, Southfield, Michigan U.S.A.

Art Van Furniture ART VAN INTENTIONALLY REFUSES TO SELL THE MATTRESS THE CUSTOMER ASKS FOR Southfield Michigan

I walked into an Art Van store to purchase a firm mattress. The sales person then showed me a ton of mattresses and I told her that I couldn't really tell the difference and she then recommended a Sealy Ultra Plush Pillow Top mattress. I purchased the mattress and began having back pain increased in intensity the longer I owned the mattress.

After traveling out of town, I realized that my back felt better when I slept on a firm mattress. Unfortunately this was three years later. I went back to the Art Van store to look for a new mattress. An employee looked up my previous purchase and indicated that he was not at all surprised that my back hurt and exclaimed that "you purchased the softest mattress we sell." I had requested a firm mattress.

I spoke with the company who offered a whopping 10% discount on a new mattress. I filed suit and the saleperson, Tamera Eugene admitted that she wasn't just an order taker and wouldn't just sell a customer a firm mattress upon request. Believe it or not Judge William "Bill" Richards, through out the case claiming that the action of the store was not a violation of the Michigan Consumer Protection Act. Well, if it isn't I'm not sure what is? I would never buy a thing from Art Van again.

Marci,
Southfield, MI

Fox
troy, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2008 12:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Art-Van-Furniture/Southfield-Michigan-48076/Art-Van-Furniture-ART-VAN-INTENTIONALLY-REFUSES-TO-SELL-THE-MATTRESS-THE-CUSTOMER-ASKS-FOR-332961. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Art Van Furniture