Complaint Review: Art Van Furniture

• Reported By: QueenieLuv — Hamtramck Michigan
Art Van Furniture
6500 East 14 mile Road Warren, Michigan USA

Art Van Furniture Bed Bug infested Warren Michigan

I purchased a mattress set from Art Van in April, approximately 2-3 weeks after I got the set I had a massive breakout on my arms. I would only get the break outs when I would lay on this mattress and be itching profusely at night. I left up the sheets and didn't see anything questionalable, so I thought maybe it was mosquitos in my house that was bitting me. Two months went by my skin went from mild to severe breakout, so I decided to contact ART VAN July 30 via email, to let them know I didn't have any issues in my home until I purchased my "Brand new mattress set" from ART VAN. I informed them that the mattress that was sold to me which was over $600 may have been infected with BED BUGS!!! and I have had issues since the purchase of this mattress. Two representative from ART Van called me stating their company policy ( they exterminate the warehouse where merchandise are stored, and the store. They in turn tried to convince me that maybe someone brought it into my home and they can refer an Exterminator to me but they are not responsible or neither will they replace my set because I didn't have a "warranty". As I explained to them I didn't have the problem until I purchased this set and the issue is on this mattress alone. As I was still trying to make sense of the whole situation I came home and physically seen 4 bed bugs come out  from the mattress ( which is a memory foam mattress) I took pictures of the bugs, my arms and I sprayed my entire home, room and mattress and the bugs are still coming out the mattress. This have caused mental anguish upon myself and family especially when my children were beginning to enjoy my new bed. My son who is 17 months experienced breakouts on his entire body. To add insult to injury when I notified ARt VAN via facebook they seem as if they were willing to investigate, then when I tried to follow up on facebook I was blocked from even sending a message.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2013 10:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Art-Van-Furniture/Warren-Michigan-48092/Art-Van-Furniture-Bed-Bug-infested-Warren-Michigan-1073500. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Art Van Furniture