Complaint Review: Arts Heaven

• Submitted: Thu, February 12, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, February 12, 2009

• Reported By:london Other
Arts Heaven
artsheaven.com Westminster, California U.S.A.

Arts Heaven All I wanted was an oil painting or: Do not buy from Artsheaven On Line Based California

Few months ago I wanted to buy an oil reproduction of a Mondrian painting as a gift for a friend.
Artsheaven's website looked so promising and I purchased a painting from them.. I paid $215, waited about a month, paid another $25 tax when it arrived (which I was not made aware to by them) but I was so happy when it finally arrived.. I opened the tube and..

But, hold on, wait a minute...well... what a disappointment..... Is this the "Museum quality reproduction"? This can not be true... The quality of the repro was so poor.. It looked like an unfinished painting, where the painter used the wrong colors.. and definitely not a "Museum quality" as promised in their web site...

I contacted the company to find out what was it all about and received a short, polite email, ("We are sorry you do not approve of the quality of the painting"),asking me to return the item and that they will refund the money.. Well, I thought, OK, I will return the item but then I realised it will cost me about $170 just to ship the item back to the states...

I send them another email, expecting at least an apology for their poor quality item and the disappointment caused (not to mention the $240 I lost) but.. I guess that this company does not really care for its costumers... as I never heard from them.. I just hope that the lesson I learnt might help someone else NOT to buy from them.

Sivan
london
United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2009 03:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Arts-Heaven/Westminster-California/Arts-Heaven-All-I-wanted-was-an-oil-painting-or-Do-not-buy-from-Artsheaven-On-Line-Based-423472. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Arts Heaven