Complaint Review: As Seen On TV Network

• Submitted: Mon, February 18, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, February 19, 2008

• Reported By:San Jose California
As Seen On TV Network
3001 Leornard Drive Valparaiso, Indiana U.S.A.

As Seen On TV Network - Ab-Rocket Trial, Over A Week & Order Still Not Processed, Can't Cancel. Holding onto my credit card information, Order "not in system" after 8 days, Not able to cancel Valparaiso Indiana

*Consumer Comment: Why couldn't you request a chargeback?

I placed my order for a trial of the Ab Rocket on 2/10/08. I checked the status daily and nothing came up. As of 2/15/08 I became angered that a company could really go this long without processing my order.

I decided to call and cancel but the people in the very non-descript "Customer Service" office could not cancel my order as it is "not in their system". I did an IP search for "www.tryabrocket.com" and placed calls to their technical department and received no response back.

I had to cancel my credit card to avoid the charge. The extreme lack of customer service as well as another report I read about charging sales tax (it is in no way mentioned on their site or the order form I filled out), made me very uncomfortable with dealing with this company. I did not want my credit card information floating out there with no idea of when the order would go through.

I decided to check the "status" again today through their "www.customerstatus.com" site and received a message saying, yet again, that it is not in their system.

Linda
San Jose, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2008 04:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/As-Seen-On-TV-Network/Valparaiso-Indiana-46383/As-Seen-On-TV-Network-Ab-Rocket-Trial-Over-A-Week-Order-Still-Not-Processed-Cant-Ca-309920. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on As Seen On TV Network

Why couldn't you request a chargeback?

AUTHOR: Thomas - (U.S.A.)

Was it because the vendor had not (yet) sent a charge through? And may never?

Maybe you messed up when you clicked 'order', or their system simply dropped it for some reason if you had ordered through a Real Live Person (!).

Anyway, all of those ab-machines are a waste of money. Most exercise 'machines' are a waste of money. Free weights are a much better bet. Dumbells can be bought with weights of 2.5, 5, 10, 20, etc. pounds. And when you glue something, you can also use a dumbell (carefully) to weight it down while the glue dries!