Complaint Review: As Seen On Tv - Directlytoyou

• Submitted: Mon, November 26, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, November 26, 2007

• Reported By:Seaside Oregon
As Seen On Tv - Directlytoyou
102 Hamilton Ave Stamford, Connecticut U.S.A.

As Seen On Tv And Directlytoyou I bought the sewing genie and it arrived fine, but later I was charged $350 a month from a company that I never was in contact with. The only way that other company could have gotten my visa number was from when I bought the sewing genie. It was the only thing I bought with that card. Directlytoyou gave them my visa number and they used it to charge me for something I never heard of or wanted. Stamford Connecticut

*Consumer Comment: The Dangers of Ordering On-line & Over the Phone

I BOUGHT THE SEWING GENIE FROM AS SEEN ON TV. A FEW MONTHS LATER I WAS GETTING CHARGED ON MY DEBIT CARD FOR SOMETHING I NEVER HEARD OF OR ORDERED.

IT WAS FROM A COMPANY THAT I HAD NOT HEARD OF BEFORE.

THEY WERE CHARGING $350 TO MY DEBIT CARD EACH MONTH.

I TRIED EVERYTHING TO GET THEM TO STOP AND FINALLY HAD TO CANCEL THAT ACCOUNT AND GET A WHOLE NEW DEBIT CARD NUMBER.

I KNOW IT WAS FROM DIRECT TO YOU BECAUSE THEY WERE THE ONLY ONES THAT I ORDERED ANYTHING FROM ONLINE OR OVER THE PHONE EVER AND THE ONLY ONE I USED THAT DEBIT CARD FOR.

Unicornlady
Seaside, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2007 01:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/As-Seen-On-Tv-Directlytoyou/Stamford-Connecticut-06902/As-Seen-On-Tv-And-Directlytoyou-I-bought-the-sewing-genie-and-it-arrived-fine-but-later-I-286703. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on As Seen On Tv - Directlytoyou

The Dangers of Ordering On-line & Over the Phone

AUTHOR: Dan - (U.S.A.)

When you ordered your sewing genie, you gave them your card number and probably the verification number (CVN) on the back of the card. The CVN is supposed to prove that you have physical possession of the card. It doesn't prove you have the card, it just proves you have the number. That's all an unscrupulous employee needs to order things on your card. It sounds like an employee of the company (who gets paid minimum wage) took the card number and the CVN you gave and used it to enhance their income. They probably ordered something using your card and sold it. It's not too common, but it happens.

I rarely order things on-line or over the phone but, sometimes it's the only way to get what I need because the items aren't available locally. I never order things advertised on TV infomercials. I want to be able to see and touch what I'm ordering to compare its quality before they get what little money I have.

infomercialratings.com is a good site to visit before ordering things on-line or over the phone.

I hope you got your money back.