Complaint Review: As Seen On Tv Products

• Submitted: Wed, August 05, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, August 05, 2009

• Reported By:toms river New Jersey
As Seen On Tv Products
3641-b Pierce Drive Chamblee, Georgia U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-238-7119
  • Web:
  • Category: Kitchens

As Seen On Tv Products return product shipping ripoff Chamblee Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Was it broken?

I made apurchase on line for 'SUPER GRIP' strap wrenches on 7/6/09. I received my product approximately a week later.
I opened the package and the product had a very pungent, rubber type smell. I washed them off and placed them in my silverware drawer. The odor persisted so I removed them and left them to air.
The oder remained, so, on 8/4/09 I contacted as seen on tv to return the product.
They informed me that they would return the purchase price less shipping, in addition i would have to pay return shipping to them and not be reimbursed for it.
The product was obviousley defective because of the odor. So why should I have to absorb all shipping costs that add up to over $16 for $15.99 worth of defective merchandise to be shipped back and forth and not have the product?
I asked to speak to a 'suporvisor', who wouls not give me his name, he then put me on hold for 33 minutes and I was disconnected. I called back, the service operator told me she knew who I was speaking to because he was the only one on staff, but was unavailable.
She took my name and number, and told me he would return my call promptly. No one ever returned my call.
I believe that they should also pay for shipping! Incidentally, Iwas given a return authorization number that i will furnish upon request.

John
toms river, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2009 01:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/As-Seen-On-Tv-Products/Chamblee-Georgia-30341/As-Seen-On-Tv-Products-return-product-shipping-ripoff-Chamblee-Georgia-476720. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on As Seen On Tv Products

Was it broken?

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

You claim it was defective, but was it?

Is an odor a defect? Did it stop it from working as promised?

Normally, when you return an item to any store through the mail because you decided you didn't want it you have to pay shipping. That is standard.