Complaint Review: Asanka Cars

• Updated: Wed, March 05, 2014

• Reported By: Jason — Orlando Florida
Asanka Cars
5211 S Tamiami Trail Sarasota, Florida USA

Asanka Cars Asanka Cars.com AsankaCars.com Bought car that they promised in mint condition but truly over 10k in damages they hid. Sarasota Florida

*UPDATE Employee: We are sorry to hear that we could not make you happy

*Consumer Comment: screwed

Purchased Mercedes S550 end of December 2013 from Asanka Cars who had significant damage to front end suspension. Prior to buying vehicle Asanka cars said all their vehicles are inspected and insured by a 3rd party company for any damages or problems. Within my first 200 miles I had new tires put on vehicle and shop informed me of major suspension damage. I contacted Asanka and they said they needed it in writing from MB Dealer so after having 3 different shops including MB in Orlando say vehicle was unsafe to drive and needed 10k in repairs to fix the problem as someone had heated up suspension spindle and control arms to rebend them after some type of collide. Asanka Cars said they would take a look at it and fix the problem after a week of arguing with them. I got the vehicle to them and they had the vehicle for 4 weeks when they called and said vehicle was ready for pickup and they fixed everything. [continued below]....

..... I picked up car and got 1 block from their shop when broke down with check engine and all suspension lights came on as well as the vehicle suspension hydraulics locked up. I again left vehicle and they said they would have it looked at and would either replace the vehicle with an identical or fix the problems within 10 days. 10 days later they said they fixed everything so I again picked up car and same lights came on within 13 miles. I took to a MB repair shop and they informed me they did not replace the broken spindle and in fact used a hammer and crowbar to rebend the parts and used jb weld on some of them too instead of reacing them as they said they did. He said this vehicle should not be on the road. They have told me now to pretty much go to hell and take them to court in which I intend on doing. AT ALL COSTS STAY AWAY FROM THIS DEALERSHIP.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2014 07:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asanka-Cars/Sarasota-Florida/Asanka-Cars-Asanka-Carscom-AsankaCarscom-Bought-car-that-they-promised-in-mint-conditio-1128611. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asanka Cars

We are sorry to hear that we could not make you happy

AUTHOR: asankacars - ()

I am sorry to hear that you are still dissatisfied with our resolution and the offer to put you into a different car.  We build our business every year on happy customer referrals and repeat business and always strive to come to a very good resolution for our customer on one of the very rare times that our three independent inspections fail to uncover a problem.   In regards to the second comment everyone knows that if you default on a car loan or do not pay for a car it is not yours and it will be repossesed.  This is what happened in that unfortunate situation.

screwed

AUTHOR: rob - ()

Jason,

I gave asanka $5000 down on an 05 Audi s4, paid $1000 in sales tax plus $800 in asankas "fees". I insured, registered and never had a late payment. He reposessed the car and will not give me my money back. I have the key, title and all paper work. He is a criminal. Won't return a call.