Complaint Review: Asap Motors Texas

• Submitted: Sun, June 20, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, February 11, 2005

• Reported By:Ocean Springs Mississippi
Asap Motors Texas
Houston TX Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Asap Motors Texas ripoff, fraud, thief, Houston Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: NOT ONLY SMALL CUSTOMERS

*UPDATE Employee: Waiting for your response

*Author of original report: No refund yet 6 months now!

*UPDATE Employee: Refunds

*Consumer Comment: Rip Off....I, too, have been told the check is in the mail and am still waiting

*Author of original report: Sorry this was a misunderstanding

*UPDATE Employee: ENGINE SWAPS

Company tried to sell me an engine that was supposedly from a 98 mr2 turbo which was in working order. When I looked at engine it was not the right enine and it had parts missing. It was not as they advertised and if I would have not been able to see it before shipping I would have gotten ripped off. I have still not recieved a refund for the deposit I put on the engine.

John
Ocean Springs, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2004 08:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asap-Motors-Texas/Houston-Texas/Asap-Motors-Texas-ripoff-fraud-thief-Houston-Texas-95641. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asap Motors Texas

#1 Consumer Suggestion

NOT ONLY SMALL CUSTOMERS

AUTHOR: Sean - (U.S.A.)

I see that Dina has certainly "put her name in lights". I work for a larger company that purchased an engine from there individuals. The engine, unmerchantable and misrepresented, had not been the described product. Now, I see that I am not the only one on this titanic in the ocean named ASAP. My suggestion is to skip the BBB aand go right to the Texas Attorney General's office. Also, file a complaint with the AG's office in the state in which you live. If a "pattern" looks to be developing, they will investigate the company with more authority and force than that of the BBB.

AUTHOR: Dina - (U.S.A.)

Only one question, if ASAP never had the motor how did we take and send you the exact pictures you ask for?

Waiting for your response

AUTHOR: Dina - (U.S.A.)

You and I talked after your intial complaint and you wanted to see aditional pictures of the clip, we took those pics and sent them to you and have spent the last 4 months waiting to hear from you, you contacted the accounting department a few days ago and requested a refund and the refund was placed to the credit card you used to place the deposit. Once again if you have any questions you may contact us toll free at 888-221-1440 ext 232 I will be happy to help

Dina

No refund yet 6 months now!

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

I was told a refund was sent to me the day we cleared this up. It has been over 6 months now and no refund my next step is to contact small claims court in TX and BBB Houston. I will get my money back and any expenses. I have since spoken to them several times and they never call back. They lied from the begining an ex employee said they never had the engine in the 1st place.

Refunds

AUTHOR: Dina - (U.S.A.)

If you are owed a refund you will receive one

If you have not received a refund and you are owed one you need to contact our company so we can straighten up any problems.

Thanks

Rip Off....I, too, have been told the check is in the mail and am still waiting

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

Beware!!!!! I, too, have been told the check is in the mail and am still waiting.....each time you call.....Debbie will act as if she never talked to you!! You get to start the process all over and it never ends.......

Sorry this was a misunderstanding

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Sorry there was a misunderstanding. The person I was dealing with was on vacation. I have since spoken to the manager Debbie and she was very helpful we have worked the situation out. They are looking for the proper engine and if they can't get it they will refund my money. I graciously agreed to this arangement. Thank you

ENGINE SWAPS

AUTHOR: Dina - (U.S.A.)

this customer was attempting to purchase a clip for conversion, not a stock motor for a 98 mr2. we only carry and sell motors and transmissions by application and condition not year and make. however if for some reason you placed a deposit you did not get back after cancelling your order you may contact me and I will be happy to clear it up.

Thanks