Complaint Review: Ascentive Active Speed

• Submitted: Thu, October 09, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, February 17, 2004

• Reported By:Quesnel British Columbia
Ascentive Active Speed
www.acsentive.com Philadelphia, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Ascentive Active Speed ripoff, untrustworthy, and sneaky Philadelphia Pennsylvania

*UPDATE Employee: Customer was offered refund

I ordered the active speed from ascentive, they say its a free one month trial. So I ordered it to try it out, but you have to give them your credit card information right away.

So after 8 days I cancelled it wasn't helping at all, slowing and freezing my computer. So they cancelled it. But they never refunded my money back to my credit card.

So I rescently e-mailed them back and asked when they are refunding my money they said that my trial period was up (which wasn't) and also said, even if we wanted to refund you, we don't refund after 3 months has gone by.

So I'm warning anybody out there, their product doesn't work and they don't refund your money like they say they will.

Quesnel, British Columbia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2003 06:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ascentive-Active-Speed/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19123/Ascentive-Active-Speed-ripoff-untrustworthy-and-sneaky-Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-68680. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ascentive Active Speed

Customer was offered refund

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

In reviewing Marie's account, I found that she placed her original order on March 18th, of 2003 for an ActiveSpeed subscription. It came with a 30 day, money back trial period. Basically the customer just needs to contact us within their 30 days to cancel, by email, phone, mail, or Live Chat/Fax.

Her account was not canceled and is still Active. Our support staff did not cancel it because we had no contact from Marie.

The first contact from Marie was on October 9th, 2003, clearly more than the 30 day trial that she had. As per the Agreement she agreed to, she was not eligible for a refund.

Our support representive told her of this and she sent back a reply with very graphic language. That was rejected by our email filter and she sent another, cleaned up reply. At which time she was offered a refund, and as of this date, I show that she has failed to send in for that refund.

She ordered a subscription with a 30 day money back trial period.

Failed to contact us within those 30 days (That is a long time)

Demanded a refund after nearly 3 months even after she read and agreed to the Terms that stated that she only had 30 days.

Then got upset after learning that she would not be treated any differently than our other, Term-Abiding customer.

And finally, we bent the rules and offered a refund, which she failed to complete.

I'm sorry, we offered her a refund to solve this problem, but she did not accept it.