Complaint Review: Ascentive FinallyFast

• Submitted: Fri, February 24, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, February 24, 2012

• Reported By: goldie — Omaha Nebraska United States of America
Ascentive FinallyFast

Ascentive FinallyFast Introduced malware into my computer rendering it unusable, then put unauthorized charges on my credit card Internet, Internet

I answered their email, which used the name of my ISP.  "Let Cox clean out your computer".
This had nothing whatsoever to do with Cox.

They initially said their program was $34.95 which I ordered from my credit card.  Once they had my card number, they tacked on several other things, making the total $129.00. They charged this to my card which I never authorized them to do.

Their so called program was malware and destroyed many functions on my computer.  Their tech support made everything even worse by getting into my computer remotely.  The first thing they did was take out my virus protection program.

I had to hire a professional in my area to clean everything out and restore my computer functions. This cost me $125, which I paid by personal check.  Then Ascentive billed my credit card for $34.95 and $129.00, the amount of which is presently in dispute.

Omaha, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2012 08:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ascentive-FinallyFast/internet/Ascentive-FinallyFast-Introduced-malware-into-my-computer-rendering-it-unusable-then-put-843962. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ascentive FinallyFast