• Report: #1042092

• Updated: Wed, April 10, 2013

• Reported By: abbey — milton Vermont
Ascentive LLC
50 S. 16th St, suite 3575 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania United States of America

Ascentive LLC Mr. Paul Clough They STOLE a competitor's product off my computer!!! Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: Thanks. they finally made good

*Consumer Suggestion: -

My account with Ascentive recently expired except for the Spyware package. However, they removed it anyway and I was left with one more year that I had paid for but no protection.

I called them a month and a half ago and their technicians worked on my computer for over 12 hours, over night, and never fixed the problem or got back to me.  I contacted them again and they told me the tech. had left for the evening, could not fix it, referred it to some 'specialist' who would contact me within three days.  They never did.

I called them back at least three times more and the same thing happened.  They could not fix it and would contact me within three days by a specialist.  Didn't happen.

I called their corporate headquarters on April 2, 2013.....whomever I spoke with was kind of nasty and said I could not get any money back and that I was only promised that I could speak with their techs  not get anything fixed.  Huh?

So I said that the Spyware was not on my computer, they had removed it, so what was I to do, just call and have a little chit chat about the weather?  She put me through to techs who , ostensibly, were to fix the problem but ended up removing I-Tunes and MalwareBytes...a competitor or theirs.

Now, I had paid MalwareBytes so, in effect, they stole it from me!!!  I call now and nobody will answer their phones at their headquarters.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2013 05:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ascentive-LLC/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19102/Ascentive-LLC-Mr-Paul-Clough-They-STOLE-a-competitors-product-off-my-computer-Philade-1042092. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ascentive LLC

Thanks. they finally made good

AUTHOR: abbey - ()

Thanks for responding.  Ascentive FINALLY made good on their products but it took forever and I had to leave threatening notes.  It works fine now.  howeve, I will use your great directive in the future.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Barbarian - ()

They didnt steal the product they just erased it from your computer so would have no spyware and virus protection so when you computer will get virus you will go to them. Go on google mate you can get a ton of antispyware for free. Go EseT smart Security I have been running it for 6 years not 1 virus or spyware infection.