Complaint Review: Ascentive Software - Finnalyfast.com

• Updated: Sat, December 19, 2009

• Reported By: mamick — Honolulu Hawaii United States of America
Ascentive Software - Finnalyfast.com
201 Spring Garden St. Ste. 400 Internet United States of America

Ascentive Software - Finnalyfast.com Fraudulent notice of renewal of software never ordered and threaten to automatically charge credit card on file Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Ascentive's Response

Just like complaint made by Kneauxia, I also received an email stating that they will renew my subscription to Ascentive Software's PC Scan and Sweep and charge the credit card on file if I don't call them or contact them on their link.

I never ordered this product. Neither did I experimentally download anything from them. What they are doing is a scam. They ask you to contact them if I don't want their renewal and if I click the link, they will ask all about my credit card information so they can "cancel" my renewal. I think that's how they will sell you the product. And then they will not refund you if you complain.

Warning: do not respond to their threat to renew.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2009 01:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ascentive-Software-Finnalyfastcom/internet/Ascentive-Software-Finnalyfastcom-Fraudulent-notice-of-renewal-of-software-never-order-538311. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ascentive Software - Finnalyfast.com

Ascentive's Response

AUTHOR: Chris Gordon - (United States of America)

Hello, this is Chris Gordon, Email Marketing Manager at Ascentive.  During the weekend of Dec 11th to Dec 13th, a subscription auto-renewal email was accidentally sent to everyone in the Ascentive email database.  This database includes not only current and former customers but also recipients who may have received any information from us in the past.

The email was only meant for a small number of our subscription users. Ascentive would like to assure you that this is not an attempt to obtain your credit card information and at no time would we request that information unless you had previously activated an account with us. We offer our apologies for the error and you will receive no further emails from us in the future.