Complaint Review: Ascentive

• Submitted: Mon, March 16, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, March 16, 2009

• Reported By:Audubon Iowa
201 Spring Garden St., Philadelphia, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Ascentive Stay away from this one!! Philadelphia Pennsylvania

I subscribed to the programs (have 4 different ones) that the company named "Ascentive" offers. They are supposed to keep your computer running faster and free of clutter, viruses, and various other problems that are bad for your computer and that slow it down. I thought it was wonderful, but my computer just kept getting more and more problems; I do have Dial-up, live in a rural area and couldn't afford a satellite dish to get high-speed Internet, so when I saw this offer from Ascentive promising it would keep your computer free of clutter and would speed it up.

Well, my computer repair person says that Ascentive actually was constantly "running" in the background, and instead of speeding it UP, it was dragging it DOWN, making it run even slower, and causing numerous frustrations. Eventually, (not KNOWING what the Ascentive products were doing), I took my computer to the repair person, and ended up having to get a new computer!!!

So, PLEASE stay away from the programs offered by this company. I also thought that it would be very smart to have TWO companies protecting my computer, but it turns out, that is NOT true, according to my "expert," who says that is a BAD thing to do. AND along the "way," McAfee caught that I was also using Ascentive, and warned me not to be using it. I just thought it was because of them being in competition with them. I should have taken heed of their warning, and gotten rid of Ascentive. My mistake! I hope this "warning" will save some of "you" who are reading this the costly mistake I made!!

Audubon, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2009 06:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ascentive/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19123-2937/Ascentive-Stay-away-from-this-one-Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-434889. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ascentive