Complaint Review: Ascentive

• Submitted: Mon, September 08, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, September 30, 2003

• Reported By:Florence Arizona
Ascentive
201 Spring Garden St Philadelphia, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Ascentive ripoff charged my credit card without my knowledge, Free trial of Active Speed not quite FREE! Philadelphia Pennsylvania

*UPDATE Employee: This customer was promptly responded to and refunded

Apparently sometime last summer I signed up for a free trial of Active Speed offer and a few days after I cancelled it because it didn't do a thing for my internet speed. I know I canceled before the trial period was up; but my credit card was charged anyway, I had no way to contact them so I just let it pass as a lesson learned.

Now, here it's a year later and again the card has been charged, I did receive a notice in the email that Ascentive had billed me again. I wrote several emails to them and have not received any response. I ask for whatever it takes to get my account cancelled. Please send it as soon as possible. I do not intend to pay for this charge again. They are not authorized to place a charge on a bill without prior knowledge.

Virginia
Florence, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2003 02:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ascentive/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19123/Ascentive-ripoff-charged-my-credit-card-without-my-knowledge-Free-trial-of-Active-Speed-n-66689. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ascentive

AUTHOR: Martin - (U.S.A.)

We responded to this customer promptly when she emailed us. The only delay in response was her failing to include any contact information in her initial email. Her account was immediately credited when we received the proper information from her to locate her account.