Complaint Review: Ascentive.com

• Updated: Mon, November 10, 2003

• Reported By:Las Vegas Nevada
Ascentive.com
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Ascentive.com Charged me after I had canceled service refused to answer mail until 30 day free period expired Mail to and from Ascentive disappeared from PC records Philadelphia Pennsylvania

Received ad on PC screen re: testing of PC speed with test offered. Elected to subcribe to service for 30 day trial period. After approx. one week, received another ad with another speed test offer. Test results were same as first time although I had installed their program, supposedly speeding up PC. I wrote e-mail asking for help, received no answer and a week later wrote e-mail requesting they cancel service. I received message that program would be cancelled, but later received question about how I liked their service.

Wrote to them again no answer and made sure I wrote again the last day of the free trial period. Next day, received notification my credit card had been charged $39.95 for service and when I checked new mail, old mail and sent mail, there were no messages listed for Ascentive in my mail box. I then filled out cancellation forms at their Ascentive support center and printed same, but when I checked, the page listing the address where I was to mail the forms (via US mail) for credit reimbursement, was missing.

(They required a signed form be mailed to them.) It was then I checked the RIPOFF pages and confirmed suspicion they were dishonest. My suspicions were aroused when they stated on cancellation form that anyone who tried to cancel charges to credit card, would automatically be denied.

June g.
Las Vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2003 05:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ascentivecom/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania/Ascentivecom-Charged-me-after-I-had-canceled-service-refused-to-answer-mail-until-30-day-71531. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ascentive.com