Complaint Review: Ascentive.com

Ascentive.com
Ascentive.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Ascentive.com ripoff deception Philadelphia Pennsylvania

*UPDATE Employee: They had a way to contact us

I signed up for a free trial of 30 days, during which my computer crashed severely (cannot link them to this). By the time I was up and running again with a new machine, I tried to cance my subscription, when they informed me I was billed.

They replied with instructions to fill out a form on a web page that did not exist, and because I did not cancel before 30 days had elapsed (it was on the 30th day), I would be out $39.95. Besides that-- their product offers nothing.

marc
Chatham, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2003 06:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ascentivecom/nationwide/Ascentivecom-ripoff-deception-Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-40355. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ascentive.com

They had a way to contact us

AUTHOR: Martin - (U.S.A.)

From the email that this customer sent to us after they were billed: "SO I HAD NO WAY OF CONTACTING YOU ABOUT THIS BEFORE YOU SENT ME THIS E-MAIL."

That is totally and 100% false. www.ascentive.com/support, there is a link on almost every page of our support site that says "Click Here to email us." Our email is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. He had plenty of time to contact us to either: a) redownload the software or b) cancel the subscription. We are not responsible for his not cancelling in time. We provided him with a 30 day trial with the terms that he must cancel or be charged. We told him when he ordered that he must cancel in 30 days, he failed to do so.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC