Complaint Review: Ash Management - Colony Square

100-233 Portage Avenue Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
  • Phone: 204-982-7973
  • Web:
  • Category: Landlords

Ash ManagmentColony, SquareAsh Management - Colony Square Charge fees for things they should be providing, witheld damage deposit, Winnipeg Manitoba

The Colony Square building, owned by Ash Management are very unreasonable and take advantage of their tenants. JoAnne Stewart is the building manager and is an incredibly sour woman.

We got a professional cleaner to clean our apartment when we moved out. On the move out report they claimed there was a bit of splatter on the wall of the kitchen. On the lease it stated if additional cleaning was needed it would be at a rate of $15 per hour.

I was pregnant and said their cleaner could do it. It should have taken 5 min to clean. They deducted $100 from my damage deposit claiming that they had to also repaint the outside wall as the studs were starting to show.I ONLY signed that the wall was dirty. There was no way that I could have caused the natural wear and tear that would cause the studs to start to show.

I called to find out what happened and they argued that it was my fault. When I said I only signed for some splatter missed on the wall which the lease stated should have been no more than $15 they had no rebuttal.
The sour manager JoAnne Stewart said I could file with the Rent Board, however that would cost $80. So if I lost the claim I'd be out $80 but if I won, I'd only get $20 back from my damage deposit.

I called for my rent reciepts as I had left my forwarding adress for it but did not receive them. I was told there would be a $20 charge for them because I don't live there anymore. She claimed that I should have got them when I moved out. I was told they would be mailed to me, as that is the reason that I left my forwarding address. She had nothing to say to that and told me she was transferring me to JoAnne.

After the last time when she handled my concerns so very unprofessionally, I knew I'd get nowhere. Now, I can either pay $20 or not claim my rent for income tax.
I don't know how the rest of Ash Management's properties are run, but they should take a look into COLONY SQUARE, 500-555 St. Mary Ave Winnipeg as they are rather crooked ripping off tenants.

If anyone is thinking about living there, DON'T. They do "routine monthly inspections" which they do not tell you about when you move in. They will enter your suite monthly to basically spy on you.

They also don't know how to manage anything. I booked the elevator (which they only would give 1 hour to move out) a MONTH in advance. When we got there with the truck, they had double booked. The only person there was a security guard who did not speak english. We were not compensated for the extra time with the U-Haul that we needed as a result of their stupidity.

Jenna
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2007 09:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ash-Management-Colony-Square/Winnipeg-Manitoba-R3B-2A7/Ash-ManagmentColony-SquareAsh-Management-Colony-Square-Charge-fees-for-things-they-shou-238368. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ash Management - Colony Square