Complaint Review: Asheville Country Day- Mirinda Cutshaw

• Submitted: Fri, March 07, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, March 16, 2008

• Reported By:Asheville North Carolina
Asheville Country Day- Mirinda Cutshaw
Oleida Drive And Leicester Highway Asheville, North Carolina U.S.A.

Asheville Country Day- Mirinda Cutshaw Putting children at risk Asheville North Carolina

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Very True

I have just recently become aware of the incident that has occurred at Mirinda Cutshaw's Asheville Country Day-Day Care regarding Landon.

I worked at the leicester highway location of the daycare for about 3 months in 2007 and am surprised that it has taken this long for Mirinda to be reported.

It is not surprising however, that nobody can really explain what happened to Landon. When we had to fill out incident reports Mirinda would tell us just to make something up or fill up space.

What happened to me, and why I decided to wash my hands from this woman and her daycare can be just as disturbing.

I had to go to the doctor one morning and was informed that I had a very highly contagious infection (pink-eye) and needed to take off work for at least a week. The doctor gave me a note and I was on my way.

I called Mirinda to let her know that I wouldn't be able to make it into work and she stated to me to just "Just wash your hands a lot, thats not a good enough reason to call out of work".

This infection was very visible (and the worst i've ever had) and being the person that closed the daycare everynight and greeted parents who were getting off work to pick up their children I did not feel comfortable with this infection "pussing" out of my eye while I tell parents how good or bad of a day their children had.

I decided to work the rest of the day (Friday), being extra cautious around the children. I decided that Monday I was not going to go through that again and called out. When I went to speak with Mirinda Tuesday she let me know that she had replaced me.

So bottom line here, I was fired for taking the doctor recommended time off for a highly contagious infection. This I felt would be best because I worked very closely with children at least 5 hours a day Monday-Friday. However, I was the only one that shared this view.

This woman is too irresponsible and unstable to have a daycare and not many children will be safe in the hands of her or her staff.

Concernedforchildren
Asheville, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2008 12:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asheville-Country-Day-Mirinda-Cutshaw/Asheville-North-Carolina/Asheville-Country-Day-Mirinda-Cutshaw-Putting-children-at-risk-Asheville-North-Carolina-315694. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asheville Country Day- Mirinda Cutshaw

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Very True

AUTHOR: Barney123 - (U.S.A.)

I have also been witness to other situations just like the one you were put in. It was the most horrible 3 1/2 months ever. I had a stomach virus once and had been throwing up all night. When I called in the next morning I was told that we did not have enough staff to cover the child ratios and that I needed to come in. Finally after throwing up a few times over the next few hours at the center, I guess it was decided that I had not lied about being sick and that I could go home. Other times myself and other employees were told not to clock in at our scheduled time. We were not needed for ratios yet and that we had to wait. I know that one girl sat around off the clock for an 1 1/2 hours before she was told that she could go home for the day and was not going to be needed. Everyday there were corners cut, and policies overlooked to save money. I just hope that anyone reading this can finally understand what its really like at both centers.

em