Complaint Review: Ashford University

• Reported By: Don — Damariscotta Maine United States of America
Ashford University
Clinton, Iowa United States of America

Ashford University Missing fund by the Financial Aid Office Clinton , Iowa

I have been a student at Ashford for 2 years now, and have had nothing but problems with their financial aid office. My advisor Joel in FA office has little to know knowledge in the area, and when I requested a supervisor I received a person named David that was as bad if not worse than Joel.

The final straw with Ashford University was when funds from my account went missing, and I was given 3 different reason as why, but no one knew where they were or how to return them. I requested to speak to someon in a management position and was informed by Scott Thompson, a supervisor in one moment and manager the next, "that I was not allowed to speak to anyone other than the problem resolution team." Not only did he lie pertaining to his position he was exceptionaly rude and his attitude was deplorable, having worked in management for over 15 years I would have fired him on the spot.

At this point I am not sure that there is any type of management at Ashford as everytime I have requested someone the answer is always NO. If there is in fact a President of this alleged college he or she is an extremely poor example of leadership. When someone is unhappy with your service and request to speak to someone of authority they should never be told NO, not only is completely unacceptable, it is exceptionaly unprofessional.

Ashford University has not only taken approximately $2,800 dollars from my account, they have no idea where it has gone, or why it was moved. These funds were from a Pell Grant that should have been used prior to any loan that I would have to repay, and when questioned as why they were not Joel in FA had no answer.

My advise to anyone who is considering Ashford is RUN, do not look back, RUN as fast as you can as this school appears to be nothing more than a HUGE cash cow for those involved.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2011 08:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashford-University/Clinton-Iowa-/Ashford-University-Missing-fund-by-the-Financial-Aid-Office-Clinton-Iowa-796072. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashford University