Complaint Review: Ashford University

• Reported By: Robyn — Cresson Pennsylvania United States of America
Ashford University
Clinton, Iowa United States of America

Ashford University Scammers, Liars Clinton Iowa

I have recently "graduated" from this scam university.  I use the term loosely because my degree is useless.  I graduated with a zero balance, actually there was left over money that was to be sent to me.  But a month after graduation they mysteriously took my loans and claimed to have returned them to the DOE.  I contacted the lender and DOE and found that no such thing was done.  Ashford said that they were going to return the funds to me.  A month later I received one loan back but not the other.  No one will contact me back regarding this.  Then I also found out that even once they give me my transcripts and degree they lied and said I would be able to get state certification in teaching.  Not true, I still have to take additional courses, which I more than likely won't be able to do because I won't be able to get enough additional loans to cover the costs.  I am a mother to 2 children, I cannot get a job in my field because I can't get certification, I can't even prove that I had any type of education and I have had employers all but laugh at my education at Ashford. They have done this to other students I have found out and I think they should have to pay back our loans so that we can get a real education.  The institution should be shut down so that no one else gets ripped off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2013 01:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashford-University/Clinton-Iowa-/Ashford-University-Scammers-Liars-Clinton-Iowa-996694. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashford University