Complaint Review: Ashford University

• Updated: Thu, June 27, 2013

• Reported By: AllisonMa — Texas
Ashford University
Internet USA

Ashford University AKA Bridgepoint Education Refusing to release diploma or transcripts, ripped off money Internet

*Consumer Comment: suggestion

Ashford University is refusing to release my degree/transcripts to me. I completed all required coursework and received A's and B's. Two months AFTER I finished Ashford decided that I owed them money. I paid my graduation fee and it was accepted and applied to graduation before the fee appeared. NO contact to me was made about me owing money. I found out they were claiming I owed them money by checking my account. All of this after I decided to not continue my education with their other school, University of the Rockies. Sounds like fraud to me.

This is only one issue I had with the school. If you would like the full story go to http://allyslifelemons.blogspot.com/. If you have had problems, are having problems or know someone that has/is please contact via the blog site or the reply feature here. I urge you to contact me as I am working with others to put a stop to Ashford's fraudulent practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2013 12:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashford-University/internet/Ashford-University-AKA-Bridgepoint-Education-Refusing-to-release-diploma-or-transcripts-1062569. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashford University

suggestion

AUTHOR: Jeanski - ()

The adviser who told you that grant money is used first (before the application of loan funds to your account) is correct. At least, that's how it's done at every college I've worked for.  So they shouldn't have returned your Pell grant.

Your best course of action at this point would be to file a claim in small claims court.  There are very specific rules on who to name in the suit, so read those instructions carefully. Chances are, Ashford will blow it off, and you'll get a judgement by default.

You will also want to contact the department of higher education in your home state, the state where the college is headquartered, and their accrediting body. Let them know what happened in as much detail as possible.

Good luck!