Complaint Review: Ashford University

• Submitted: Tue, October 30, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, October 30, 2012

• Reported By: Joy pachowicz — North Carolina U.S.A.
Ashford University

Ashford University Bridgepoint Education Ashford holds onto your financial aide and pell grants.. no complaints about classes but financial aide depart is ripping people off Internet

If it were not for the excellent professors and many kind advisors I would not be in Ashford University finishing my degree.. I have had nothing but a bunch of nonsense with regard to my financial aide from day one. I am on the last couple months of my degree.

The Financial aide department will give you a big ole song and dance as to why they are late every time.. and I mean every time. Now they are holding onto a federal pell grant which I have been awarded..

One counselor says we don't have to give you the pell grant its the department of education who is holding your funds..but when I had called the "dept of Education" they spoke of it was just another Ashford financial aide person.

That department makes all the good about Ashford bitter.. We need our funds to pay for books and other things.. The pell grant is not a loan.. no excuse in the world can explain why they are holding our funds!!

They say .. oh its the federal government who hasn't given you your school funds .they provide one explanation after another.

Besides the unethical and unfair ways of the financial aide department they have this thing they say is the random pulling of students files to make them resubmit all their tax documents to prove that they are reporting the right yearly income..

Every year they have successfully "randomly" picked me .. Then even after being put through such nonsense they have never given the financial aide on time. THey got their loan money on time this time but are holding my pell grant..

Ashford if you want to improve..get people in your financial aide department that are not going to be sassy or sarcastic.. we pay enough for our time there.. we deserve respect and things done on time.. Stop holding onto moneys .. if you are making mistakes with peoples funds ..don't grab it from the funds of other students..

I loved my professors and the classes but i have hated every moment I have spoken with anyone there in the financial aide department!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2012 11:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashford-University/internet/Ashford-University-Bridgepoint-Education-Ashford-holds-onto-your-financial-aide-and-pell-g-962121. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashford University