Complaint Review: Ashley Black Fasciology

• Updated: Tue, October 09, 2012

• Reported By: Juline — Cypress Texas USA
Ashley Black Fasciology
3620 Katy Freeway, Ste. B Houston, Texas United States of America

Ashley Black Fasciology Human Body Development LLC Owner, facility and contractors are all NOT licensed by state of Texas and they are providing massage therapy, physical therapy and occupational therapy while the owner claims to "pioneering a new sci Houston, Texas

*General Comment: Ashley Black helped me to walk again

All the individuals working for Ashley Diana Black (including the owner) are all non-licensed/non-certified by the state of Texas and the facility is not licensed either.  They are all practicing forms of massage, physical and occupational therapy to clients by manipulating each person's skin and tissue with their hands and odd instruments, plus making chiropractic adjustments when no one representing the owner or the business is licensed to do so.  This organization, its owner (Ashley Black) and its contractors are ALL UNLICENSED and NOT CERTIFIED by the State of Texas.

The owner, Ashley Black, claims to be pioneering a new science called "Fasciology" (by the way is not recognized anywhere) and that she and her business are a complementary and alternative health care facility and are not mandated by the state. [continued below]....
.....  The owner/facility have had countless complaints regarding injuries as well as additional individuals reporting her to the State Boards of Massage Therapists, Occupational Therapists and Physical Therapists for treating unlicensed in the state of Texas.

Every time the owner is accused or pursued by mandating agencies, she files under another business name with the state of Delaware, rebrands and redoes her website to stay off the radar of the State of Texas.  The owner also maintains a stationery lease space located at 3620-B Katy Freeway, Houston, TX 77007 phone# 281-610-7750 or 888-282-8221.

The owner is misrepresenting her services and her education (that still has yet to be verified with the college she attended) yet claims she has a Master's Degree. When asked for her credentials, the owner claims "I'm pioneering a new science" - even though Fasciology is not a recognized science.

Recently, her application to trademark and patent "Fasciology" was declined by the USPTO office based on it being "too general in nature - therefore no one can own the rights to "Fasciology" - it would be similar to owning the rights to the word "water."

In addition, all of the owner's so-called "employees" are all subcontractors, yet she treats them like employees, telling them when they work, what to do, where to be, how to do it and doesn't report 1099's on any of her contractors when she files her taxes every year.

I would really appreciate if you would investigate this organization and stop this illegal practice, the owner and her representatives from continually causing harm to people and those who work for owner.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2012 01:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashley-Black-Fasciology/Houston-Texas-77007/Ashley-Black-Fasciology-Human-Body-Development-LLC-Owner-facility-and-contractors-are-al-952918. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashley Black Fasciology

#1 General Comment

Ashley Black helped me to walk again

AUTHOR: Angie - ()

To Whom It May Concern About Ashley Black:

I am a country music artist and was in a near fatal car accident many years ago.  My pelvis was crushed, my left femur was crushed so severely it was questionable if I would be able to walk again, or if I would be able to walk without a severe limp for the rest of my life. I am happy to submit my hospital records from lifelight at Herman Hosptal to prove what I am saying about my condition-also happy for anyone to xray me now to see the femoral rod and all of the hardware that still remains to this day as well. My experience with Ashley was with the Pilates Allegro Reformer only. Ashleye worked with me so extensively- and with so much compassion and care and had lots of knowledge and motivation.  I had physical therapy prescribed by doctors that did nothing for me- I was in a wheelchair and barely on crutches when I first had started going to Ashley.

I owe her all of the credit with my being able to literally walk again. I never thought i would walk again, at least not without a severe handicap and almost unbearable pain.  I thought my life had been shattered, so I owe her a lot for helping to give me my life back as well in many ways, especially because I also had been pregnant at the time of my accident with a newborn to take care of as well.

I have not seen Ashley in years except running across her in the airport on the way to Nashville, and she did not ask me to write this.  I think it has been eight years or more since I have actually seen her.  This is just my heartfelt response. She is motivated, and caring as well as very knowledgable about sports medicine.  She knew enough to do more for me than any PT prescribed by my doctor could.  I will always be grateful to her-

This is all I needed to say-

Sincerely,