Complaint Review: Ashley Furniture Home Store

• Updated: Thu, January 28, 2010

• Reported By: Badfurniture — Calgary Alberta Canada
Ashley Furniture Home Store
88 Heritage Gate Se Calgary, Alberta Canada

Ashley Furniture Home Store No refund given for ridiculously uncomfortable couch Calgary, Alberta Canada

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Seriously!

We recently purchased a couch from Ashley furniture. We made the selection based on 2 criteria, style and comfort. When we received the couch we noticed immediately the the comfort level varied greatly from the couch we sat on in the show room. We brought our new seat cushion to the showroom to make sure we didn't just make a rash decision. The two cushions are completely different. I cannot sit our new couch, it is too uncomfortable. It actually gave me a sore back. Furthermore we had people over the holidays and it was actually embarrassing to have them sit on it. 6 separate people made jokes about it and a few said it was the most uncomfortable couch they had ever sat on.

We purchased the couch on November 21. We were delivered the couch on December 24th. Went to the store only to be told we would have to call a 1800 number as that is how complaints and returns are handled but it is closed. We called this morning, Dec 28th only to be told they do not guarantee the comfort and they would not accept our request for a return. The second woman I spoke with told me that they would acceot the return but would charge me a 25% restocking fee. I told her that was unacceptable. Why would I pay $500 to wait a month to return something that was greatly different than what I thought I was getting. I asked both how they decided on their couch and they both said "style and comfort".

Interesting that they only met one of the criteria and basically wont take responsibility for the poor quality let alone apologize for the inconvenience and disappointment. A pamphlet that we received with our invoice says "We will provide you with showroom quality furniture". One of the craziest parts of this is that 3 separate people told me that the reason why the couch in the showroom is so comfortable is that it has been in the showroom for 3 years. Then take it out of your showroom so people have an accurate picture of how comfortable their couch will be.\par I do not want to wait 3 years for it to be comfortable. I simply want Ashley furniture to refund my money and pick up the couch.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2009 08:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashley-Furniture-Home-Store/Calgary-Alberta-T3b0p7/Ashley-Furniture-Home-Store-No-refund-given-for-ridiculously-uncomfortable-couch-Calgary-546560. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashley Furniture Home Store

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Seriously!

AUTHOR: sumfingwong - (United States of America)

Do you think you can go buy a car and tell the dealer the seats are uncomfortable, so I want my money without any recourse. Puhlease! Did you read the fine print? Also remember the couch you seen on the showroom floor was broken in, you know people like yourself continously sitting on it. Give it sometime yours will feel the same way.

youd