Complaint Review: Ashley Furniture Home Store

• Submitted: Wed, January 10, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, January 10, 2007

• Reported By:West Lafayette Indiana
Ashley Furniture Home Store
3812 Fortune Dr Lafayette, Indiana U.S.A.

Ashley Furniture Home Store Very rude and won't fix our problem in Ripoff Lafayette Indiana

We bought a couch,love seat,ottoman,coffee table and 2 end tables. The day that we bought the furniture, we should have walked away because my 2 year old daughter was acting up and my wife took her into the bathroom to settle her down. While I am up at the front counter getting everything finalized, one of the managers that was on duty was making fun of my wife while I was standing right there! Against my better judgement,and mostly because my wife really wanted the furniture, I purchased the furniture. The furniture was delivered and all was fine until a week after we had the furniture. We noticed that on one of the legs on the coffee table wasn't painted all the way. We said oh we can live with that because you really don't notice it. Two days later, the same leg fell off of the table. Well while down looking at the leg, we noticed that there is a big notch out of the table around the bottom of the top. Ok so now we have a problem. We contacted the store 6 times before they would set up a time to send a "home tech" and fix it. They were supposed to come out on 1/10 between 2:30 and 3:30 to fix the leg. 3:30 came and went and no "home tech". We figured that he was running late so we gave it some time. Now I sat down right by the front door from 2:15-4:30 waiting on the "home tech" that never showed. At 5:00 we call the store asking where the "home tech" is at. They tell us that he has been there. We tell them, that would be a huge NO! Donna, the rep we were talking to then proceded to call my wife a liar! She said that he had been there and no one was home and then hung up on my wife. Now I have a bird that is like a security system. He goes crazy when someone walks up our front walkway,rings the doorbell or knocks on the door. He never made a peep all day. The doorbell that I was sitting right underneath also never rang and there was never a knock at the door. We call the store back and spoke with the lovely Donna again and said lets set up another call. She said well I am not in the back right now I will call you back. Of course, you guessed it, never received a call back. At this point we are extremely angry and contact the corprate headquarters. They tell us there is nothing they can do about it because they don't own that store. Now I could be mistaken but I am pretty sure that is still the Ashley name on the building. I am so mad about everything and cannot believe that they do not care if they have a bad name. BEWARE OF THIS STORE!!!!!!!!!!

West Lafayette, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2007 04:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashley-Furniture-Home-Store/Lafayette-Indiana-47905/Ashley-Furniture-Home-Store-Very-rude-and-wont-fix-our-problem-in-Ripoff-Lafayette-Indian-229821. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashley Furniture Home Store