Complaint Review: Ashley Furniture Homestore

• Updated: Wed, January 15, 2014

• Reported By: Consumer — California
Ashley Furniture Homestore
7770 Miramar San Diego, California USA

Ashley Furniture Homestore Ashley Furniture HomestoreAshley Furniture IndustriesMichael Jedlowski, ArizonaJudy Rosario, ArizonaJohn King, San DiegoGeorgia Mills, San Diego NOT HAPPY WITH THEIR COMPANY!!! - Georgia Mills Associate, John King, Manager, Judy Rosario Assistant Sales Manager San Diego California

*General Comment: Self entitled much??

Yelp report file date: 1/2/2014

If less than 1 star was possible, I'd go with zero!!! I bought a really nice couch about 2 weeks before the scheduled delivery date. They gave me a call 3 days ahead of the scheduled delivery date to see if it was still going to work. They said that they were going to be there between 8:00 & 12:00. I let them know that anytime after 10 or 11 would work, but not any earlier than that. The customer service rep told me that he could see that I was the first one scheduled that morning, so it would most likely be closer to 8. I let him know that I would have to reschedule, unless the driver could make an exception, and come to my house later in the day. He said that the computer was the one that schedules it, and there's absolutely no way to change this without a $40 fee because it would have to have been rescheduled beyond their 3 day window prior to delivery. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and the supervisor wasn't much help either. I think it's ridiculous that they give a 3 day "courtesy" call to see if the schedule is still going to work, if by the time they're going to call it's too late to reschedule because it's within the 3 day window... they should call at least 4 days if they want to be "courtious." That way they could reschedule without a fee. I asked them to waive the fee, especially since I just spent $1600, and they would not budge. 2 things that frustrate me, are that that "window" wasn't really a window. They should have just told me that they will be there at 8:00, and I could have told them to just come another day up front. Second, that $40 fee should be waived if they dont' make it possible to reschedule on that "courtesy" call.. if the courtesy call is inteneded as a way to conveniently confirm or reschedule, the way I see it that call was only a confirmation call. If they want to be able to have a confirmation & a reschedule ability, they need to have that call before that 3 day window, so that it is possible to reschedule without the fee. Overall, they lost a future customer over a $40 fee based strictly on principal of the fact.

The best part of all of this is that they actually make you go back into the store to pay that $40 fee, and couldn't take payement over the phone!! I figured that since I was going to have to go into the store for a $40 payment, that I'd rather hand them my credit card and have them put a refund on it instead... but that $40 fee was going to have to come out anyway they said, and they would also have to charge me for the warranty products of $190 that they gave me... after all of that, I decided that since I'm already out the $40, plus the extra $190 now, and not to mention all of the time that I've wasted, that I would keep the couch and have to reschedule a delivery. NOT HAPPY WITH THEIR COMPANY!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2014 03:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashley-Furniture-Homestore/San-Diego-California/Ashley-Furniture-Homestore-Ashley-Furniture-HomestoreAshley-Furniture-IndustriesMichael-J-1115808. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashley Furniture Homestore

#1 General Comment

Self entitled much??

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

They tell you there is a fee and you WHINE about it. How very adult of you.