Complaint Review: Ashley Furniture Homestores

• Submitted: Mon, December 18, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, December 27, 2006

• Reported By:Las Vegas Nevada
Ashley Furniture Homestores
3130 N. Rainbow Blvd Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Ashley Furniture Homestores delivered damaged furniture and refuses to exchange damamged furniture for not damaged new furniture Las Vegas Nevada

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I know the deal

*Consumer Comment: If you used a credit card, then ask for a chargeback

I purchased over $4000 worth of furniture from the Ashley furniture store and upon delivery, one of the delivery men opened a box with a screwdriver and chipped the buffet for my china cabinet. I notified Ashley's right away. They sent out a technitian to fix it and all he did was put some puddy on top of the chip. I looks terrible.

Ashley furniture refuses to exchange the buffet for a new one. They said the only thing they could do for me is to send another technician to fix it again, to do the same thing the other technician did and am not happy with that. I asked for them to just send me a new buffet and I would be happy, they refused to just exchange it for a new one.

I feel that I spent too much money on brand new furniture, so I expect furniture in brand new condition. I did not go to some "buy as is" furniture retailer. The technician said that they do this all the time and most people bow down to Ashley's adn basicall get punked into keeping the damaged furniture.

As for me, I am not satisfied and I am not going to be happy until it gets resolved and a new buffet is delivered to me in brand new condition. I don't think that getting what I paid for is too much to ask. However Ashley furniture refuses to solve the problem.

Mark
Las Vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2006 04:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashley-Furniture-Homestores/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89108/Ashley-Furniture-Homestores-delivered-damaged-furniture-and-refuses-to-exchange-damamged-f-226105. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashley Furniture Homestores

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I know the deal

AUTHOR: Larry - (U.S.A.)

having worked for the person who owns the vegas store(his Name is Micheal jedlowski)i know your frustration.Ashley Furniture as a manurfacturing company is very Honest.They Have just happened to Let one of the biggest scam artists in the country run they're franchise in the southwest.He used to Own 4 stores in the Atlanta area..but was literally RUN OUT OF TOWN!!!call the BBB.(Micheal Jedlowski belongs in Prison!!!

If you used a credit card, then ask for a chargeback

AUTHOR: Thomas - (U.S.A.)

Document your problem with your CC bank. YOU are the CC bank's customer- not Ashley!

A CC chargeback will get Ashley's favorable attention VERY quickly.

We bought leather furniture from Jordan Marsh c1998 and the couch came with and 6" x 12" area of leather that had been 'repainted'. Something bad had obviously happened. J-M sent a rep who looked at the problem and promised a replacement. The replacement came the following week and was perfect. So- keep after them, and if you used a credit card, then ask for a chargeback!