• Report: #820459

Complaint Review: Ashley Furniture York

• Submitted: Tue, January 10, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, January 11, 2012

• Reported By: Dia — New Park Pennsylvania U.S.A.
Ashley Furniture York
905 Loucks Rd., York, Pennsylvania United States of America

Ashley Furniture York Selling ill quality products and warranty York, Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Ashley

I along with my husband went to Ashley furniture to furnish our whole entire house approximately two years ago. We spent close to $11,000 to purchase two living room set, kitchen set, tables chairs, filing cabinet and television cabinet. Before we purchased all of the furniture, we made the sales rep know that we only wanted to purchase quality furniture that will last us a long time. He stated that if we purchase the extended warranty through Montage, that they will cover everything up to five years if anything was to happen with our furniture.

We felt reassured and bought the furniture warranty. The first year the mechanism broke on our sofa and we were able to have it fixed through Montage; however, 18 months after we purchased the furniture the leather tore on the sofa arm rest and I filed a claim to have it repaired. Well, in between the time I filed the claim to have it repaired the leather on the sofa peeled completely off on the arm rest and on the leather bar stools I ordered for the kitchen. [continued below]....
.....

I was advised by Montage that this is natural wear and tear and they wouldn't cover the repair. I then called Ashley Furniture and I was advise that they only honor a 1 year warranty on their furniture. I was advised that I would have to order a replacement for the arm rest and kitchen bar stools.  After calling Ashley Furniture several times and leaving several messages, I was then advised that the sofa we had was discontinue and that they could not help me.

They gave me the phone number to a company called PA colors, which they stated could fix the problem. PA colors also stated that could not help me. Do not buy any furniture from Ashley furniture. For the amount we paid for our furniture, I was expecting to last for more than 18 months. Their customer service also is very poor. No one is willing to work with anyone to make the situation right. I will never purchase furniture from them again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2012 08:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashley-Furniture-York/York-Pennsylvania-1740484376/Ashley-Furniture-York-Selling-ill-quality-products-and-warranty-York-Pennsylvania-820459. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashley Furniture York

Ashley

AUTHOR: Lorenzen - (U.S.A.)

What on Earth ever gave you the opinion that Ashley is quality furniture ??  Go into any low budget rent-to-own store and you'll see nothing but Ashley furniture.  Everyone knows that all they sell is cheap, low quality junk and, of course, never stand behind their "warranty".  Next time, do your due dilligence on the internet BEFORE you lay your money down for garbage.