Complaint Review: Ashley Furniture

• Submitted: Tue, June 07, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, June 07, 2011

• Reported By: David — Georgetown Texas United States of America
Ashley Furniture
15424 FM 1825, Pflugerville, TX 78660 Pflugerville, Texas United States of America

Ashley Furniture Ashley Homestore ***CUSTOMER SERVICE REVIEW - "WHERE IS THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE? 4 THUMBS DOWN!*** Pflugerville, Texas

My Fiancee and I purchased a $2,500 Tempur Pedic mattress from the Pflugerville (Austin Area), TX store back in February.  Needless to say, we both give their customer service at the STORE and at CORPORATE two thumbs down each.

Any insight would be helpful:

The mattress comes with a 90 day money back guarantee. About 6 weeks in, I personally, started getting some horrible neck pains. I was not able to pinpoint where this horrible pain was coming from until my fiancee about a week ago began to have the exact same pain.  For her, she is pretty much waking up every morning in tears.

We tried calling customer service on the 95th day (this Saturday) and they referred us to the store.  We then called the store and they originally referred us to Customer Service.  I had to escalate to a manager and Carmen on the other end said she would have to call me back to pull the papers and get a manager.  I NEVER GOT A CALL BACK.  I called the next day and a manager got on the phone and was completely rude and not helpful.  He didn't even bother listening to the issue.  He cut me off and said he already knows the story, but the story doesn't matter b/c we are outside of 90 days plain and simple.

Mind you, it took 4 calls to actually get someone to answer.  The phone continues to just ring when you call AND his excuse for not calling back promptly was b/c their phone system would not allow them to make outgoing calls.  That is complete bologna.  I have worked in call center environments for almost 10 years and call systems will completely crash, not just outgoing calls.  BOLD FACE LIE from a Manager.

I continue to get the run around.  Their customer service is completely unorganized and not helpful.  Just like any other large company that tries to instill "local roots," they defer accountability to the next person.  The manager I spoke with says he cannot do anything and that I could try to call customer service. Customer service says we have to call the store.  I am getting the run around and this is getting to be ridiculous.

Furthermore, I already went through this battle once with them.  They delivered a $400 box spring with the mattress originally.  We NEVER ORDERED A BOX SPRING but we were definitely charged for it.  Two weeks and about 10 calls later I was finally able to get this issue resolved.  Once again, customer service said the retail store we went to has to handle and the local store deferred to customer service.  I basically feel that I just got lucky with getting a model employee on the phone from customer service who did not just read off scripts.

It took us 95 days to pinpoint this neck pain to the mattress.  I originally thought it was a strained muscle from golfing or being on the lake.  I would have never thought it was the mattress b/c of
all the promises for the sales people about how this mattress would change our life!  All the sales people who helped us purchase guaranteed that we would have the best sleep of our lives and that we would no longer be side sleepers and only sleep on our backs.  Of course they are going to
guarantee this b/c their customer service on the back end has to deal with the issue in the end.  Dealing with the issue to Ashley's customer service is DOING NOTHING AND GETTING NO WHERE!  Why even have a customer service team if all they do is defer to the store and vice versa?  Seems like a waste of money for Ashley's if they aren't there to help anyone.  What a way to
do business.

If anyone has some insight on how to get this issue resolved, please help.  We spent $2,500 with them and were planning on using them for the entire house (Living room, dining room, guest bedroom), probably another $10k at least.  That is no longer going to be the case.

I strongly recommend you look for a store that has quality customer service support.  Do not get caught up into the hype of a sales rep who is being payed a commission, a sales manager that also gets a commission, and an entire team of employees that probably gets "dinged or docked pay" if
they accept a return.

That is not customer service.  I worked as an Account Manager for Dell for 4 years and never once had an issue trying to escalate a serious customer service issue.  They make take time to get resolved and I understand this, but Dell always made sure they took care of their PAYING CUSTOMERS.  They would never just say no we cannot help.  There is always a resolution for both parties.  The sad thing is Dell seems to get a bad wrap in the media for this.
***Where is Ashley Furniture's Customer Service?***

***Why hasn't an article been written about them?***

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2011 03:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashley-Furniture/Pflugerville-Texas-78628/Ashley-Furniture-Ashley-Homestore-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-REVIEW-WHERE-IS-THEIR-CUSTOMER-SE-738012. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashley Furniture