Complaint Review: Ashley Furniture

• Updated: Tue, August 05, 2014

• Reported By: Eric — Owings Mills Maryland
Ashley Furniture
Nationwide USA

Ashley Furniture aka Ashley Furniture Homestore Refusing to Honor a Manufacturer Warranty Nationwide

*Author of original report: Ashley Furniture is Both a Home Store and a Manufacturer

*General Comment: Manufacturers Warrenty...

For anyone considering Ashley Furniture, please reconsider.

While you can get cheap furniture that looks good, it won't last and the customer service is absolutely terrible.

If Zappos the best at customer service, Ashley Furniture is the complete opposite. I've never felt more abused and stonewalled in my life

I've been lied to, I've been called a lair, and I've been downright insulted.

My wife and I purchased a table from Ashley Furniture in Catonsville, MD that clearly has a manufacturer defect, yet Ashley Furniture refuses to honor the manufacturer warranty - even though we are inside the warranty period. In fact, they refuse to even look at it.

The top finish applied to our table looks like the cheap laminate covers you would put on a text book as a kid - and the finish is now peeling, chipping, bubbling and beveling - even though, my wife and I have barely have used the table and kept it covered for almost entire time that we've had it. [continued below]....
.....

Now, my wife and I are getting the run around from their customer service employees, who have done everything from tell my wife and I that we abused the table (is barely using a table abuse?), that we must have put a glass down on the table and caused water damage (how is this plausible theory if the damage is everywhere?), and that we caused the scratches (despite the scratches not truly being scratches but being beveling in the finish).

At this point, we have no one else to reach out to. We have spoken with at least 3 people at the store, at least 2 people in customer service - and one thing is clear, they aren't interested in helping us or doing anything. The worse part is I don't think anyone I've spoken with cares about the company's reputation. In fact, I think they are so used to stonewalling and mistreating people that they are immune to actually helping people.

Overall, if you don't want to feel abused and treated like dirt, don't do business with Ashley Furniture. After you've written them a check, you should expect them to not to honor any agreements or manufacturer warranties. And you really shouldn't expect to be treated with any dignity or respect.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2014 08:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashley-Furniture/nationwide/Ashley-Furniture-aka-Ashley-Furniture-Homestore-Refusing-to-Honor-a-Manufacturer-Warranty-1167688. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashley Furniture

Ashley Furniture is Both a Home Store and a Manufacturer

AUTHOR: ecarls1 - ()

Thank you for the rebuttal, but your just wrong. Ashley Furniture is both a retailer and a manufacturer. In fact, they are the manufacturer of this partcular table - and my compliant isn't just about the table but also the service.

While I'm sure you feel smart about putting me down, perhaps next time you want to do it after checking your facts.

#2 General Comment

Manufacturers Warrenty...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

While Im sure it makes YOU feel better to bash them online, I feel YOU are ignoring a small fact in order to make yourself out to be a better online victim. If Ashleys Furniture WAS NOT the manufacturer of the furniture, how in any stetch of the imagination can you expect them to honor the warrenty. In instances like yours, YOU need to contact the manufacturer and process a ticket through THEM and NOT Ashleys. Ashleys would only be the point of sale, the manufacturer is the one that covers ANY manufacturers warrenty. How is this is ANY way difficult to understand OR do?? YOU as an adult should know this and it should be common knowledge. I get the feeling that YOU are doing this MORE for what YOU can get out of them then to inform the world of some great injustice. That good sir is FRAUD!! And since YOU would be using the web to commit it, that adds to the crime. I suggest that YOU take YOUR situation up with the MANUFACTURER and NOT with Ashleys. Its not difficult.