symbolic

• Submitted: Mon, August 11, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, April 10, 2010

• Reported By:Mansfield Ohio
Ashley Home Furniture
Lexington Ave Mansfield, Ohio U.S.A.

Ashley Furniture Home Store, Ashley Home Furniture Terrible Company Mansfield Ohio

*UPDATE Employee: Thank You

*Author of original report: update

So far my experience with Ashley furniture has not been great at all. They just opened a new store in my town, and me and hubby decided to get some new furniture. We went to the Home Stores web site and applied for credit online. We were approved by Citifiniancial and was given an approval code and number and credit limit. Just like a credit card.

We went to the store and picked out a sectional brown leather couch, a coffee table, 2 side tables, and a buy one get one free lamp. Around $4000 for everything.

Salesperson did the order up then proceeded to tell me that I only owe him $300 downpayment. WHAT? I told him forget it...I had a credit line there. Then he proceeded to tell me that I can't cancel my order b/c he already sent it through. I proceeded to argue with him about him not telling us about the downpayment fee before any of this. The mgr finally waived the downpayment fee. At this point, I know the company is crap.

Now 4 weeks later, my furniture arrives....not to my house...the warehouse. The warehouse guy calls and says it will be here this week. Yay! I'm happy!

Until 1 hour later, he calls and says that the order is wrong. I recieved 3 parts to my brown sectional couch. 2 parts are the brown that I wanted but one of the sectional pieces is black leather instead of brown. Also, my coffee table is badly damaged.

He gonna go ahead and deliever the mismatched pieces and when the right piece comes in they will bring that and swap them out. He said that would take about 8 weeks.

So for 8 weeks, I will have a mismatched $4000 living room suite.

I am scared that my order will never be right now.

Ashley furniture sucks!!!

Jet
Mansfield, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2008 06:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashley-Home-Furniture/Mansfield-Ohio/Ashley-Furniture-Home-Store-Ashley-Home-Furniture-Terrible-Company-Mansfield-Ohio-361474. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashley Home Furniture

AUTHOR: Todd - (United States of America)

Ashley Furniture Homestore is a locally owned and operated company. Although we strive to be the difference in our community sometimes we fall short of perfection. We will always do our best to make your buying experience the very best it can be and provide the best prices and excellent service after the sale. We are proud to have a store in Mansfield, Oh. and our goal is to treat each customer that way. If there is ever an issue with any product or service please call the store first and give us the opportunity to learn from the experience and make it right.

Todd Wimsett
Ashley Furniture Homestore
Mansfield, Oh.44906
419-747-4040

Be The Difference

update

AUTHOR: Jet - (U.S.A.)

They delivered most of my furniture yesterday. I am still missing a part to my sectional couch but otherwise everything else arrived. The delivery guys were good and very quick. The rolled out a carpet and wrapped some padding around my main door frame to keep from scratching it.
One of my tables had a slight nick to it...but they said that someone from the store is coming next week to replace the top. It seems like it would be easier to just replace the whole side table instead of just the top.
Well, anyway they are suppose to be here in a couple of days with the missing piece of my couch.